How to enable the hidden administrator in windows 10

I currently do not have access to my admin account because it is corrupt. I would like to access the hidden admin account but when I try to enable it from the command prompt in the recovery menu, It says it was successful but the hidden admin account does not appear on the login screen.

Please help ASAP

|
Answer
Answer

Hi Frazer,

Enabling the hidden administrator account will allow you to do anything without restrictions. We suggest disabling the feature after making changes to the PC. It is also best to create a password to protect it from an unauthorized access. To do this procedure, follow these steps:

1. Open Run command box by simultaneously pressing Windows + R keys.
  2. In the Run command box, type lusrmgr.msc and then press Enter key to open Local Users and Groups window.
  3. In the left-pane, click Users folder to see various account names in the middle pane.
  4. Double-click on the Administrator entry in the middle pane to open its properties dialog.
  5. Under the General tab, uncheck the option labelled Account is disabled, and then click Apply button to enable the built-in admin account.

Close the Local Users and Groups window. The enabled Administrator account should be visible on the login screen. Also, you can quickly switch to or sign in to the Administrator account by clicking the user name on the Start and then clicking Administrator.

Let us know how it goes.

22 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 26, 2021 Views 26,105 Applies to: