How to change desktop windows 10 pin security from 6 to 4? Office365

I have office365 and set up our workstations to authenticate with our office365 accounts for login. However we are forced to use a 6 digit pin "based on the organization's security requirements". I cannot find where in my o365 portal to change this. Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi JM

This looks like an organization policy that would be difficult to over ride. You would have to speak with your organizations Office 365 Administrator to make that exemption.
Best regards,
Andre Da Costa
Independent Advisor for Directly

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi JM

This looks like an organization policy that would be difficult to over ride. You would have to speak with your organizations Office 365 Administrator to make that exemption.
Thanks Andre, I am the org administrator

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Based on my research, this is what I found:

Enabling or disabling and configuring the PIN complexity rules in Windows is found through Local Group Policy Editor. If you are running Windows 10 Creators Update, PIN complexity policies can be found by opening the Group Policy Editor, then selecting Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > PIN complexity. From there, you may select or configure the PIN complexity for your device.

Source thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...
Best regards,
Andre Da Costa

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Based on my research, this is what I found:

Enabling or disabling and configuring the PIN complexity rules in Windows is found through Local Group Policy Editor. If you are running Windows 10 Creators Update, PIN complexity policies can be found by opening the Group Policy Editor, then selecting Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > PIN complexity. From there, you may select or configure the PIN complexity for your device.

Source thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Right, thats correct for a computer not managed via office365. This is something thats inside the online management console somewhere, but for the life of me i cant find it. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sounds like your organization is using Azure AD. Because this forum is more of a Windows 10 Client support, I wouldn't be able to tell you exactly where to look to change this.

I would instead ask you to report your query over at the Azure AD forums on Technet where experts there would be able to point in the appropriate direction how to do it from the portal.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/azu...

Sorry for the inconvenience and I do hope you get the answer you are looking for.
Best regards,
Andre Da Costa

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 12, 2022 Views 1,319 Applies to: