How do I remove GWX.exe!!

It is so fearlessly sure of its solid snaring of my machine that it mocks me blatantly from my notifications area in my windows 7 while all of my day to day activities seem to take more and more time as the days pass , and long loved programs that have made me proud and brought joy to me and those with whom i share their wonders , have slowly groaned to slug like ,stuttering versions of themselves , as if they are now just functional variations of this aforementioned  ,epic-ally unwelcome invader of my property and pleasure ..GWX.exe , if i find out who sent you to my happy place , to blacken and defile it as you have , i will kindly say hi to them , pretend im giving them a gold star , then rapidly pull it back and wipe a booger on it  ,then as look upon me in bewilderment , i will ninja swoop around them , pour whole milk in their keyboard , and make darn sure they do not- EVER- get an invite to either my or my friends super-fun , future like party-time extravaganzas.   Darn you GWX virus ,darn you to mobilephone/calculator heck!!  IF ANYONE CAN GUIDE ME IN THE REMOVAL OF THIS (most likely terrorist/koa activist implemented) EVIL INFECTION ...I will be eternally grateful.. For I will drink glass shards in battery acid before i will succumb to its bullying and demands.

[Original title: PLEASE HELP!! My PC has been infected by an imovable virus/trojan/worm thingy ,  going by the name --- GWX.exe!!]

Question Info

Last updated October 23, 2018 Views 3,287 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

A not bad skit for a beginner. But for the life of me I can't see why you want to post your rant here?

It is very easy deleting KB3035583 to remove GWX.exe and it has been around for a while now.

Wired & Retired Old Mig15 pilot & build Monster
Sidewalk Labs, a sister company of Google, has published its plans to build a smart city in Toronto, sparking fresh controversy.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No need to drink battery acid on the shards.

Go to Windows/System 32 and delete the GWX Folder.

Sorry this didn't help.

KB3035583 has been Thwarted yet again on the 5 systems that run Win7 in my house!

Sorry this didn't help.

well you should just down load gwx.exe and reap the rewards of microsofts best ever windows ever you are missing out on the best they have to give I as a user of all there porgrams windows 10 is by far the best one it is clean simple for user  and the graphics are awesome  you are the one missing out . and has top notch security  with windows defender try it for 2 weeks and if you do not like you can role back to your old program if you do not like   back up personal files to aexternal drive and step in to the wonderful world of windows 10  you will not return back to your old program  that I do know have fun and enjoy. thank you   rbwmsi13

Sorry this didn't help.

well you should just down load gwx.exe and reap the rewards of microsofts best ever windows ever you are missing out on the best they have to give I as a user of all there porgrams windows 10 is by far the best one it is clean simple for user  and the graphics are awesome  you are the one missing out . and has top notch security  with windows defender try it for 2 weeks and if you do not like you can role back to your old program if you do not like   back up personal files to aexternal drive and step in to the wonderful world of windows 10  you will not return back to your old program  that I do know have fun and enjoy. thank you   rbwmsi13
Are you mad or living under a rock?? win 10 seems worse than 8.1 and I hate win8

Sorry this didn't help.

I can't speak for others but as for me I am both mad AND living under a rock. One day soon the asteroid Apophis will be back and I want something over my head that'll give me better protection than plain old sky.

But I think Windows 10 is the Cat's Meow! There ain't nothing this  O/C cannot DO 'cept gig frogs and I expect it's only a matter of time before it can do that.

As for Windows 8...EVERYBODY hated THAT...around Microsoft it was known as Ballmer's Bust. But Windows 8.1 was a step in the right direction which Windows 10 has done achieved!

My boy, this here O/S is one humdinger of an Operating System! 'Course, it takes a while to learn it and get used to its ways but for those as takes the trouble there ain't NOTHING it wont do for you!

I ask pardon for enthusin' all over this here thread thisaway but I couldn't let all them negative comments go by without shovin' in MY two cents worth.

Y'all can buy and use whatever system you have a mind to. Ain't nobody gonna argue with you. But don't try tellin' me that Windows 10 is bad because I darn well know better!

Sorry this didn't help.

How do I get rid of this popup. I have removed and hid KB3035583.  I get this popup when I open IE 11.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi thanks for your post

albeit confusing  try this suggestion by Jsssssssss

Jsssssssss replied on

Just meant as an info:

G.W.X. (gwx.exe) stands for Get Windows X (10)

see: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_update/kb3023607-repeatedly-removed-by-deepclean-after/e2866511-7299-4574-ba6d-bdcb29919eb5?page=6

and http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/365788-update-enables-additional-capabilities-windows-broken.html

and http://www.infoworld.com/article/2903005/operating-systems/what-we-don-t-know-about-mystery-windows-patch-kb-3035583.html#tk.rss_all 

OR

If you still want to disable the Windows 10 reservation popup, then you can uninstall this update "KB3035583" from “View installed update list” under Control Panel/ Windows Update.

To uninstall KB3035583 update, refer the steps from the below link: Remove an update

For information regarding Windows 10, please refer to the below links:

Windows 10 Q&A

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

EDD

E.miller

Sorry this didn't help.

I have uninstalled KB3035583 and hid it in the list of Windows Updates and restarted. However, the GWX icon remains in the system tray and I keep getting other notifications to install Win10 Pro. This laptop cannot upgrade to Win10 because Win10 is not supported on this model by the manufacturer, and unfortunately, I need to hand this laptop to someone who is not Microsoft savvy.

I have upgraded this laptop from Win7 Pro to Win8.1 Pro (so that I can run Bitlocker.)

How do I get rid of ALL of the GWX notifications?

Sorry this didn't help.

No need to drink battery acid on the shards.

Go to Windows/System 32 and delete the GWX Folder.

Mine is in WOW System 64Xamd or something, but I could not get permissions to do that as only the trusted installer has them.

I did search KB3035583 in the MSI downloads and deleted some .exe and .cab files that mention Get W 10 in the description. I am a novice so I feel really let down that I have to go through this all blind. But my neighbor tells me I am lucky that my W 10 install failed. She says our internet is far to slow for the demands of W 10. Just GWX.exe popping up makes going online very slowas the Windows website takes a full 15 minutes to load!

Sorry this didn't help.