• July 17, 2017
    Announcement: New site design for Microsoft Community

In July, Microsoft will roll out the first of ongoing site improvements aimed to modernize Microsoft Community and help customers get the most out of their community experience.

• During the roll out period, you may see the old or new site design depending on your location

• We expect the roll out to finish by 31 July

Note: Past private message conversations will not move to the new site design. Please save any private messages you would like to keep.

Learn more about the upcoming site improvements in this thread.

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community!

Question

Guest Account in Windows 10

jatinmistry_uk asked on

I have just spent good few hours to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10 only to realise there is no option to have Guest account.  This is a must for me as my friends and family use this future to use my computer.  However cannot locate this anywhere.  I do not want to create account for my friends and definately not for my 5 year old kids.

Does anyone know the work around?  I have tried looking in control panel - users and no option of guest or turning on/off there.  No option when I click start and type Guest.  Cannot work out how to access group policy as keep putting me in standard windows 10 style option.

If not will be reverting back to Windows 8.

509 people had this question

Abuse history

Most Helpful Reply
PatrickMcKelvey replied on

I did the same thing.  I created a local "Guest User" account as a work around.  The steps are:

1. Start Menu > Settings
  2. Click on Family & Other Users
  3. Click on Add someone else to this PC
  4. Click on This person doesn't have an email address
  5. Click on Add a user without a Microsoft account
  6. Add user name (e.g., "Guest User" or "Visitor") - l Ieft the password blank

278 people found this helpful

Abuse history

progress