email received is it real or not.

i got  this in email how can i know if real or not theirs no real email i can find to ask microsoft

Important information about your email service
Dear user,
In a few weeks, we will be making some changes to our email services that might impact your @outlook.com, @hotmail, @live, or @msn email account. Those changes will prevent your email from being delivered to the Windows Live Mail 2012 application you use.
In order to continue using Windows Live Mail 2012 to send and receive email for your account, you need to install the latest update published here.
If you use Windows Live Mail 2012 on Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10, we recommend that you switch to the built in Mail app in Windows to stay connected and get the latest feature updates on Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10.
Windows Live Essentials 2009 and 2011 are not supported anymore, and you will need to update to Windows 8/8.1 or Windows 10 and use the Mail app, or use www.outlook.com. To learn more about the Mail app, please click here.
We also recommend all Windows Live Mail users on Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 to upgrade to Windows 10 and use the built in Mail application to stay connected and get the latest feature updates.
We suggest saving this email so you can refer to it later.
Thanks for your understanding and continued use.
Sincerely,
The Outlook team
Microsoft respects your privacy. To learn more, please read our Privacy Statement.

Microsoft Corporation
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052

Question Info

Last updated December 30, 2017 Views 113 Applies to:

Hi Lenny,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand that you have a few doubts regarding the Email that you have received from our end. Let me help you.

This email is a genuine one. If you use Windows Live Mail 2012 on Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10, we recommend that you switch to the built in Mail app in Windows to stay connected and get the latest feature updates on Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10.

If you need any further clarification regarding the email or any concern over Windows Operating Systems, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

I rec'd the same e-mail and went to the MS site to download the patch/update. Wrong thing to do. After installing  the update for Windows Live Essentials Mail 2012 (KB3093594) that the the site directed me to, my Windows Live Mail would  open but immediately launched a dialogue box telling me there was (now) a problem with the program and that the program would now close. Ended up rolling back my PC to a prior state.

Pardon me but the built-in e-mail app in Windows 10 is really poor (REALLY POOR); it doesn't even have some of the features that were available in Windows 8.1. Truly a step backwards and it appears that despite thousands of complaints about it MS hasn't lifted a finger to make the app for Win 10 at least as usable as it was in Windows 8.1.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

Please post a feedback on the enhancements to be made to the operating system using Feedback App in Windows 10. We will make sure that, the feedback given by you will be considered and worked on.

Write back to us if you face further issues, we will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.

Aswin:

Good morning, but...you're joking right? I and many MANY others have commented on the lack of being able to add folders, being unable to delete all junk mail with one click, block certain mail. . . . on-and-on-and-on.

Best wishes.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for updating us. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Which email client are you referring to?

I suggest you to perform the below mentioned troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on Start Menu

• Select Control Panel

• Right Click on Windows Essential 2012

• Select Uninstall/change

• Click on repair Windows Essential 2012

Check if it helps.

Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.