Question

Creators Update Windows Defender problem - Device performance & health

San_Martin asked on

After installing the Creators Update, Defender now displays a yellow triangle with and exclamation mark.

When I open it, device perfomance & health is flagged. The 'problem" Defender doesn't like my screen brightness settings under battery health.

I have power plans for when I am on battery and when I am plugged in AC. I have my screen brightness set just where I like it for battery & AC. Now Defender "recommends" I adjust the brightness settings. Is there anyway to tell Defender "Thanks for the advice now buzz off."?

It is a minor problem to be sure. Defender updates everyday and performs scans. I just want to be able to see the green checkmark over the Defender icon in the task bar, instead of the yellow triangle. In my book this is not a device permance or health issue. If a device needed an update or something, the alert would be fine.

331 people had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
PaulSey... replied on

(Updated 4/25/17)

Thank you.  We’ve heard your feedback and wanted to provide an update on our progress.  We are currently busy revising the criteria that trigger yellow alerts in Defender’s device health monitor.  Once the revisions are completed, they will be released within a future Windows Update. 

Paul...

122 people found this helpful

Abuse history

progress