Core Isolation won't turn back on

I used to be able to freely toggle core isolation on and off, I had to turn it off so I run VM's (apparently Windows 10 Home doesn't like sharing when it comes to virtualisation), anyway a month later I decided it's not worth turning off everything that uses virtualisation just because I want to run VM's. So any idea why I can't re-enable Core Isolation.
Hi OldGnashburg, I am Rob, an independent and a 12 time and dual award MVP specializing in Windows troubleshooting and Bluescreen analysis. Please remember as independents we are not responsible for the development of Windows or the computer hardware and drivers. If you will work with me I will be here to help until the issue is resolved.

Do your have Virtualization enabled for the CPU in the UEFI Firmware settings?

You may have something installed (or even that used to be installed) that prevents it being toggled.

Copy between the lines then paste the below into Notepad (or any text editor) and save as CoreIsolationOff.reg. Right Click on it and select "Merge".

-------

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceGuard\Scenarios\HypervisorEnforcedCodeIntegrity]
"Enabled"=dword:00000000

------

How to Turn On or Off Core Isolation Memory Integrity in Windows 10
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/104025-turn...

------
Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Please let us know the results and if you need further assistance. Feedback definitely helps us help all.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

BTW, it will be necessary to restart the computer.

Rob

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 10, 2024 Views 6,485 Applies to: