Controlled Folder Access in Windows 10 and iCloud My Photo Stream

I've enabled Controlled Folder Access in Windows 10, but it is blocking iCloud. I am getting a notification from iCloud Services in the notification bar on the right side of the screen that says "My Photo Stream can't update because you do not have permission to add files to the download folder. Open iCloud to pick a new folder."

I am also getting a notification from "Virus & Threat Protection" (of Windows Defender) that says "Controlled folder access blocked c:/...ApplePhotoStream.... from making changes to the folder %userprofile%...\Downloads"

This began when I enabled Controlled Folder Access, which is obviously doing its job to help prevent ransomware, but also prevents Apple-ware. I would like to "Add an allowed app" through controlled folder access, but to do that I need to know the path to the program file iCloud uses... The notification area does not give the full path- but only part of it, and all my searches do not find "ApplePhotoStream" anywhere in my Program Files. I can't find the icloud program to allow through controlled folder access.  What is the standard path to the iCloudServices executable file (or program) so that I can allow it as an exception?

Thanks,

Ryan

FCA is useless and only causes issues. Turn it off and restart pc.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for taking time to answer.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 9, 2023 Views 2,314 Applies to: