Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.
The error message could result due to the following reason:
1. The service associated with Credential Manager does not start.
2. Some files associated with the application have gone corrupt.
Please follow the steps mentioned below to resolve the issue:
1. In the search box type “Services”
3. Right click on “Services” and select “Run as Administrator”
4. In the Services Window, look for Credential Manager Service and “Stop” it.
5. Restart the computer and “Start” the Credential Manager Service and set it to “Automatic”.
6. Restart the computer and it should work fine.
1. Run System File Checker. Refer to the link mentioned below for additional information:
Note: Steps mentioned in the link applies to Windows 10 as well.
Try the above step and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.
Did this solve your problem?
Sorry this didn't help.
Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.
How satisfied are you with this reply?
Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.
How satisfied are you with this response?
Thanks for your feedback.
Thank you for the help! I did have to expand Credential Manager and click the restart in the drop down for the function then it worked just fine.