BitLocker key asking on every reboot

I have a laptop in domain and it running window 10 version 1709 with TPM 2.0. After encrypting the drive the bitlocker key keep prompting on every reboot. The same works well with another 2 Laptops one running with WIndow 10 version 1709 TPM 1.2 and the other running Windows 10 version 1703 TPM 2.0. . I had read that form version 1709 changes were made in bit locker features. I tried most of the basic stuff shown online but no luck. Please let me know if anyone faced the same and any solutions or workaround is there for this.

HI Akram,

Missing a Trusted Platform Module (TPM) commands can affect the way your BitLocker encryption works. To further assist you, we suggest the troubleshooting methods in this Microsoft TechNet thread to help you with your issue with BitLocker always asking you for a key after rebooting.

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

HI Akram,

Missing a Trusted Platform Module (TPM) commands can affect the way your BitLocker encryption works. To further assist you, we suggest the troubleshooting methods in this Microsoft TechNet thread to help you with your issue with BitLocker always asking you for a key after rebooting.

Regards.

Hi Jefferson,

Tnx for the reply. I had tried the same laptop  with windows 10 version 1703 and 1709, in which the bitlocker encrypts the HDD perfectly fine with any issue, the problem comes when i reboot. the one with version 1703 reboots without asking for bitlocker key and the the one with version 1709 asks top enter the bitlocker key on every reboot.. i tried disabling and enabling the bitlocker by running this command 

<manage-bde.exe -protectors -disable C:>

<manage-bde.exe -protectors -enable C:>

I had also ready that in windows 10 version 1709 changes were made in bitlocker features

Do let me know abt any updates or solutions on this.

Regards,

Akram

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

For better assistance, we recommend posting this inquiry on our Microsoft TechNet forums. This community caters to IT professionals that can provided advanced troubleshooting methods to BitLocker issues.

If you have other concerns, please let us know.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 4, 2021 Views 2,317 Applies to: