Antivirus For Windows 10

My Laptop is running with windows 10 pro, Recently i noticed a problem. I have installed latest Version of kaspersky internet security on my PC and it is slowing down my pC, It was running well for a month and suddenly from yesterday my PC is slowing down its takes tie to load every thing like when i open my PC it takes about 5 minutes to open and i faces the not responding problem many times, and today i tried to run pc by disable the protection and self defence option and i am having no problem with my problem, So the question is can i fix this problem of slowing down my PC?? Or i have to replace antivirus with other antivirus, If i have to replace can you guys help me to choose the antivirus, personally i like the kaspersky because it pop up the scan option whenever i insert the removeable disk to my PC, So i am waiting for the solution why i am facing the slow system from yesterday and a perfect antivirus that detect and remove the thretes from my pC and also protect my pc from online thretes without deleting my File.

Thanks In advance.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Sandy,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to assist you.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the System Maintenance troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

1.       Type troubleshooting in the search bar. 

2.      Select Troubleshooting.

3.      Select View all on the top left corner.

4.      Click on System Maintenance.

5.      Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

I would recommend you to refer to the following Microsoft article on Free up drive space in Windows 10 and check if the issue persists.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/free-up-drive-space

Method 3:

I would recommend you to download the Microsoft Safety Scanner from the following link and check if it works.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-gb/default.aspx

Note: The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

THIRD PARTY LINK DISCLAIMER 

Disclaimer: Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

You would be better off to uninstall Kaspersky and go with Windows Defender which will turn on by default as soon as you uninstall Kaspersky.

Additionally you might want to click those three dots on the right of your toolbar and click "settings" then click "view advanced settings" then select "block third party cookies" under cookies. Make sure your Adobe Flash Player is OFF (when you are on a site you trust you can easily turn it back on for videos or whatever and hit the circular arrow on the toolbar to refresh the page) and make sure your Smart Screen filter is ON. 

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Sandy,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to assist you.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the System Maintenance troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

1.       Type troubleshooting in the search bar. 

2.      Select Troubleshooting.

3.      Select View all on the top left corner.

4.      Click on System Maintenance.

5.      Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

I would recommend you to refer to the following Microsoft article on Free up drive space in Windows 10 and check if the issue persists.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/free-up-drive-space

Method 3:

I would recommend you to download the Microsoft Safety Scanner from the following link and check if it works.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-gb/default.aspx

Note: The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

THIRD PARTY LINK DISCLAIMER 

Disclaimer: Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Tried Method 1 But Nothing Changed, I recently remove kaspersky from my pC but i am still having the same problem so i thing this is the problem of windows defender, After uninstalling the Kaspersky My Windows defender is not starting , Please help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Do you have any OTHER antivirus software on your computer?

Say a Trial Version that came WITH it that you haven't yet removed?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Well I uninstall kaspersky but windows defender is not starting, and i noticed that windows defender is making my PC slow, I tried everything to start windows deferder but  still having the problem, i am attaching the screenshot of windows defender. I tried to start service from service section but it starts for few second and stops again.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Do you have any OTHER antivirus software on your computer?

Say a Trial Version that came WITH it that you haven't yet removed?

No I have not any other antivirus program on my PC, I install the kaspersky when i upgrade to windows 10, But now i unistall the kaspersky and restart the PC but still i have the problem, My PC freezes for a few minute before the login screen appears.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Windows Defender is the LAST antivirus program that would negatively impact computer speed.

I've tried nearly all of the "popular" brands and I end up coming back to Defender for a reason.

EFFICIENCY.

However...

Click the Windows Logo on your taskbar.

Click the icon that appears just above it.

Now, scroll through all your installed programs and apps via the alphabetical listing looking for ANY antivirus program OTHER than Windows Defender that might be lurking there.

If you find none we can try something else but about the only reason Defender would not activate automatically would be because another antivirus/antimalware program was running.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Windows Defender is the LAST antivirus program that would negatively impact computer speed.

I've tried nearly all of the "popular" brands and I end up coming back to Defender for a reason.

EFFICIENCY.

However...

Click the Windows Logo on your taskbar.

Click the icon that appears just above it.

Now, scroll through all your installed programs and apps via the alphabetical listing looking for ANY antivirus program OTHER than Windows Defender that might be lurking there.

If you find none we can try something else but about the only reason Defender would not activate automatically would be because another antivirus/antimalware program was running.

No i have no any other antivirus on my PC

I don't know what is making my PC slow but before the windows defender icon apper on my task bar it freezes my pc and after a few minute it appears and pc runs smoothly.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

OK, I would start by having a look at the Task Manager and seeing if any of your apps are sucking up your resources.

Then click the Start-up tab in the Task Manager and disable any Apps you don't need to be there.

Then have a good clear out. Start by getting rid of any system tweaking , AV and anti malware apps you may have. You don't really need them with Windows 10...... stick with Defender.

Then run CCleaner, both Cleaner and Registry and reboot.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I would agree with myonlinebio on everything except running CCLEANER.

There is no third party registry cleaner on the planet that is supported or endorsed by Microsoft and this is for a reason.

1. They can render your computer inoperable by removing necessary programs. files, and drivers.

2, They're rubbish.

To clean your computer safely simply use the disk cleaner available by going to "This PC" right clicking your main hard drive and selecting "Properties". Delete anything it comes up with. Run it again and select "Clean Up System Files".

Finally, open "Settings" click on "system" select "Storage" and follow the instructions from there.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 1, 2021 Views 2,564 Applies to: