Windows 10 stuck on sign out screen

I logged in to my Microsoft account in an attempt to download a game from the store. 

The next morning when I went to use my laptop the password it required was my Microsoft one and not my regular password. 

I went to the start menu and selected the option of signing out of my account. 

Since then (38 hours now) my screen is stuck on a blue screen saying "signing out" with a circle thing spinning. 

I've tried forcing a shutdown, but all pressing the power button does is put it to sleep. When I turn it back on I'm still in the same place with that screen. No other keys seem to respond. 

Help please?

Im having EXACT issues! Laptop working fine until i started Microsoft outlook account yesterday. Tried to video chat with my son, who is stationed across the country from me. (Army).  Now i can not even use my laptop to which i worked very hard for. Very disappointing. Not my first problem with Microsoft. Had to "fire" them a few years ago for some other headache ****. Hope gets resolved... Fingers crossed

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Tamarx,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in signing-in to your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the make and model of your device?

I suggest you to remove the power cords on your device, power drain the battery, hard reboot the device and check with the status of this issue.

Also, when you hard reboot the device, remove all the external devices except mouse and keyboard and check.

Get back to us with the updated status of this issue for further assistance.

21 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for writing back. 

This is a toshiba satellite laptop. 

I tried draining but that didn't help. It goes to sleep to preserve and protect when the battery is almost out. So it won't actually drain completely. And it stays on that screen. 

Holding down the power button doesn't help either. It hibernates doesn't actually shut down. 

Nothing is connected besides my mouse. 

Last night I removed the battery. When I connected it agIn it still went back to the same screen. 

17 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

so this is whats happening with me...please know that I am not an expert, very far from that. And I'm not saying what I did is correct or even safe for that matter. but...I am on my laptop now. I held down the windows start button(left of space bar) and power button for approximately 4 sec. My laptop shut off..finally! I turned it back on,nervously, and everything is there as if nothing happened. At least its on to where I (meaning someone else who knows what they are doing) can see whats going on. in not telling anyone this is what they should do. I'm simply passing on what I did :) Good luck Tamarx

301 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Just as an update: this problem now seems to be resolved. 

There is a tiny button on the bottom of the laptop that with using a pin or a paper clip you can press it. 

I tried this before calling Microsoft and it didn't work. 

Second attempt had it show the toshiba start up screen but then go right back to the blue screen. 

The third attempt was the charm. Pressing and holding for 20 seconds reset the entire thing and rebooted my laptop. 

It booted back in to the account I tried logging out of. So later tonight when I'm home from work I'm going to have to sign out of the account again and hope for the best. 

Thank you for the help. 

23 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Tamarx,

Thank you for responding and updating the status of this issue.

We appreciate your effort and time spent in resolving the issue.

Feel free to contact us for further assistance on Windows Operating System. We will be happy to help you further.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I also had this same issue. I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop. Brand new, came with Windows 10.

My solution was just to hold the power button down for 10 seconds and force a shut down. I know this isn't good for the computer, but I had no other choice at that point.

I have Avast installed on my computer, and I heard that it could be causing problems. I turned off automatic updated and just left notifications on. I don't know how safe this is, but I noticed that Avast takes up a lot of my Hard disk memory (100%) when I have task manager on, so I think perhaps that was the issue.

I left notifications on, so I can still update it every day at the end of the day, but I just don't want the computer stuck.

But to be fair, I don't know if it that was the issue.

But it sucks that this happens with a brand new laptop, after a week of use.

19 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

so this is whats happening with me...please know that I am not an expert, very far from that. And I'm not saying what I did is correct or even safe for that matter. but...I am on my laptop now. I held down the windows start button(left of space bar) and
power button for approximately 4 sec. My laptop shut off..finally! I turned it back on,nervously, and everything is there as if nothing happened. At least its on to where I (meaning someone else who knows what they are doing) can see whats going on. in not
telling anyone this is what they should do. I'm simply passing on what I did :) Good luck Tamarx

It worked exactly as you said .... Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

You may be a novice and not sure how you figured that out but great info.

93 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 12, 2021 Views 47,743 Applies to: