Sign-in to Windows 10 without password or pin

I have Windows 10.  On earlier versions of Windows, I did not have to use a password or pin to sign in, but now I can't seem to get around this ridiculous over-secure requirement.  I want to be able to turn on my computer and have it go all the way to my desktop with no requirement for a password or pin.  Same with anytime it goes to sleep.  I know how to eliminate the pin, but then I have to use a password which is considerably more of a pain than using a pin.  I don't want to have to input a password or pin - EVER.  Is this not an option??  
|

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It can be done. I just found out how doing internet search on the subject. I do not suggest doing so but that is just me. If it causes problems later when new Windows 10 builds come to public through update. Up to you . If I were going to do it then I would wait until Windows 10 builds are fully implemented.
"Honestly, I try to learn from my mistakes so please be patient. finite1>0?infinite0>1"BRCjr

13 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

So how do you do it??  I did internet searches, too, but as I said in my original question, I only found how to remove the pin, then it still requires a password.  I cannot find anything about removing the password.

17 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

You will need a password if you going to sign in with Microsoft account, one can only have no password with a local account instead option, the manipulation I found in search was not eliminating password but rather when booting it would go to sign in and auto sign-in so one need not go through that step. I did this in Windows 8.1 and it actually caused me some problems when I upgraded to 10. It is why I cannot advise it. But it exists.
"Honestly, I try to learn from my mistakes so please be patient. finite1>0?infinite0>1"BRCjr

9 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

It can be done. I just found out how doing internet search on the subject. I do not suggest doing so but that is just me. If it causes problems later when new Windows 10 builds come to public through update. Up to you . If I were going to do it then I would wait until Windows 10 builds are fully implemented.

As someone else said, how is this helpful?  I, too find this ridiculous

13 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Does anyone know why the heck Microsoft made things more complicated??  One of the main reasons for new versions and upgrades is to make things better, more efficient.  Having to sign on with a password or PIN is a pain in the butt, and a distraction when I am trying to multitask, keep my focus, or react promptly during phone calls, meetings, etc.  In this case, the upgrade to Windows 10 made things worse.

52 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Joel,

Thank you for your response.

I appreciate your time and concern.

You may create a local administrator user without password. you may follow these steps:

a. Press Windows + R keys, type control userpasswords2 in run window and press Enter.
b. Click add, type username and follow on-screen instructions.

I hope this information helps.

Thank you

34 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Creating a local account works fine, except if you are using apps like Outlook, which will require that you sign in to your Microsoft account.  And it appears that when you do that, it reverts back to the default sign in at start up.

5 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

As a Microsoft Support Engineer, one might think your reply would be a little more detailed and helpful than "follow on-screen instructions."  There are a lot of options to choose from.

12 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, this is nonsense.  Clearly, the necessity to sign in to Microsoft to be able to use my apps (that I paid for!) are to protect Microsoft's copyright and NOT to help the consumer.  Terrible design and it makes it really obvious that Microsoft cares more about protecting its intellectual property than making their products work for consumers.  This is an absolute nightmare to have to sign in to my computer every time I turn it on!  I don't want to change my account to"local administrator" if I can't use Office without logging in!!  Why does Microsoft have to make everything complicated and difficult!  Please fix this!

29 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

I totally agree with you. My husband recently purchased a laptop with Windows 10, and I am trying to help him with it.  I got fed up with Microsoft a few years ago and now am happily using my Mac, but am looking for solutions to eliminate some of the "pain in the butt" things for him and not having much luck.

19 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 10, 2021 Views 30,632 Applies to: