Sign-in method not allowed

When trying to log onto my computer on Windows 10, i get the message "The sign-in method you are trying to use isn't allowed. For more info, contact your network administrator." 

I only have one user which is the administrator. I cannot log in. I tried Win + R, but it doesn't recognize the Win key. 

I tried researching online bit it seems nobody has resolved the issue. Microsoft technical support hung up on me because i wouldn't pay $495 for service support. Please help asap! This is my only computer to do school work on and need it to work asap. Thank you in advance. 

Answer
Answer

We would like to know if you are still experiencing the issue. Have you tried resetting the password?

Regards.

Thanks for checking in. I resolved the issue by: on the login screen, hold Shift + click restart and wait about 30 seconds while still holding Shift until a new screen pops up. Then a few options showed including Troubleshooting. I clicked on that, then reset the computer which lost all my files. I didnt have anything on it to lose except a few programs I had to redownload (thanks to saving old emails). I did lose my saved schoolwork, but not a big deal. I'm just glad I didn't have to spend money on a new computer or to pay someone else to fix it. Thanks for everyone who tried assisting. I truly appreciate it. Hopefully this doesn't happen to anybody else. 

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2024 Views 10,938 Applies to: