MY LAPTOP HAD BEEN STOLEN : WHERE IS THE 'FIND MY DEVICE' HYPERLINK???

Hello, my name is Kyle.

My laptop had just been stolen last week (17 July 2017). I was so happy that I managed to track my laptop location after 2 days which was located 70km from my place by using the 'Find My Device' function. However, I did not able to know the exact location as the map just display a search radius which make it hard for me because the radius cover the whole district.

My current problem is that when I try to track my laptop again the next day, the 'Find My Device' hyperlink had gone missing. I am so confused because my device status state that the 'Find My Device' function is on/enabled.

What is going on? Does the thief somehow disable the function? If so, then why it is stated that the function is on/enabled? Is there anything wrong with my Microsoft account?

Can anyone help me? Please? I am so sad as this is my last and only hope to find my laptop.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Answer
Answer

Hi Kyle,

Your device only sends its location if it has enough battery power, if it's connected to a Wi-Fi connection, and if it uses GPS. It is probable that your laptop has run out of power, or it's not currently connected to a Wi-Fi. Once your device is turned on, and gets connected to a Wi-Fi connection, you'll be able to use the Find my device feature again. Remember to use the Microsoft Account that you registered as the administrator account of your laptop.

Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need further assistance with your concern.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 21, 2019 Views 514 Applies to: