I can't login to my Windows 10 PC after I installed Malwarebytes

I had the redirect virus which redirected google or bing search to some other search engine and it was really frustrating for me. When I looked it up, I saw that Malwarebytes can get rid of the virus and Windows Defender can't. Everything went well, I've been having Windows 10 in my PC since it got released and I had no problems with it at all. The so called "anti-malware" found about 300 odd files and quarantined them and asked me to reboot my PC. Fair enough, when I rebooted and signed in, it said "logging in" for a split second and then immediately changed to "preparing windows" and logged me in to a temporary account. I tried restarting my pc over and over again but it simply didn't work and I have no idea what to do now.

Hi Mahadevan,

For better understanding, the reason why you are unable to sign in to your profile is due to file corruption. Since you have mentioned that the issue occurred after an update, we recommend that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

Enable the built-in Admin account.

1. Right-click on Windows menu icon and click on Command Prompt (Admin).
  2. Type this command: net user Administrator /active:yes
  3. Restart your PC and log in to the Administrator account.

Option 1: Use the Check Disk tool.

1. Once you are logged in, go to File Explorer and click This PC.
  2. Right-click the drive where Windows is installed.
  3. Click Properties and go to Tools tab.
  4. Under Error checking, click Check button.
  5. In case you get a prompt that it cannot scan the drive while in use, go to Schedule disk check and restart your PC.
  6. After restarting, don't press any key and wait for the scan to finish.

Option 2: If the above steps did not work, we suggest running System File Checker to fix corrupted system files.

Once you are done troubleshooting, we recommend that you disable the hidden Admin account again by typing this command in the Command Prompt: net user Administrator /active:no and restart your PC.

Feel free to post back for additional assistance.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 7, 2021 Views 305 Applies to: