How to log on to my PC (go to desktop) directly without inputting my password of the Microsoft Account?

Dear Members of the Community,

A technician, who helped me download Office 2013, has set my laptop to skip the step of inputting my password of the Microsoft Account and go directly to the desktop. But as recently my laptop suddenly changed to a setting with several choices (I was afraid that I would pressed the wrong button as before since I had deleted my Office 2013 and all the files in Drive D accidentally (when I was forced to upgrade to Window 10) last month), I pressed the button of 'log out of my account' (just similar wording). Unfortunately, I have to input my Microsoft password when I switch on my laptop since then. I really want to skip this step so that I can go to my desktop directly (It is quite time-consuming).

Please give me guidance on how to change the setting of my computer. It is extremely difficult for me to seek help from anyone who is an expert on this field. Thank you very much!

Pug_Pug

|

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

If you sign in to Windows with a Microsoft account, you need to use a password. Your password helps keep your account secure, no matter what PC you sign in to or what apps, settings, and services you use while you're signed in. If you don't want to enter your password every time you sign in, you can create other sign-in options to use with your account, like a picture password or a PIN. 

Moreover, you can also Sign with Local account to access your PC with out password. Navigate to Start/> Settings/>Accounts/>Your Account/> Sign with local account Instead.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I use a Microsoft account and have set it so that I do not have to enter my password.

Warning - doing this will allow anyone to with physical access to your computer to logon and use it.

1) Login

2) click start, type netplwiz and press enter, (click OK on UAC, if asked)

3) untick the box that says 'users must enter a username and password to use this computer'

4) click Apply, another box will open

5) enter your username and password - if using a Microsoft account enter the FULL email address

6) click OK, then click OK

next time you switch on your computer it will log on straight away using your Microsoft account.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear Martmcd,

Thanks so much for your reply. But I don't know how to click the 'start' button. Where can I find this button from the desktop? What does UAC mean? I am looking forward to your reply.

Best wishes,

Pug_Pug

I use a Microsoft account and have set it so that I do not have to enter my password.

Warning - doing this will allow anyone to with physical access to your computer to logon and use it.

1) Login

2) click start, type netplwiz and press enter, (click OK on UAC, if asked)

3) untick the box that says 'users must enter a username and password to use this computer'

4) click Apply, another box will open

5) enter your username and password - if using a Microsoft account enter the FULL email address

6) click OK, then click OK

next time you switch on your computer it will log on straight away using your Microsoft account.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear Nachappa C K,

Thanks so much for your reply. I might use the method suggested by Martmcd. Thanks again!

Best wishes,

Pug_Pug

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Pug_Pug

The Start button is the windows icon in the bottom left hand corner of the screen, you can press the windows key if you prefer.  or just type netplwiz in the search box.

UAC is the User Access Control, its the pop up warning you that a program is trying to change your computer or that you need administrator permission.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Pug_Pug

The Start button is the windows icon in the bottom left hand corner of the screen, you can press the windows key if you prefer.  or just type netplwiz in the search box.

UAC is the User Access Control, its the pop up warning you that a program is trying to change your computer or that you need administrator permission.

Hi Martmcd,

It works! Thank you very much!

Best wishes,

Pug_Pug

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Glad to know that the issue has been fixed. Appreciate your efforts.

Please get back to us with an outcome in case of any issues, we will guide you accordingly.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 15, 2021 Views 2,738 Applies to: