Computer freezes randomly. I'm using bitlocker and eDrive.

Hey,
My PC getsrandom freezes. It's started after my clean install (Windows 10).
Right before freeze I noticed it in my event log:

A TCG Command has returned an error.
Desc: AuthenticateSession
Param1: 0x1
Param2: 0x60000001C
Param3: 0x900000006
Param4: 0x0

EnhancedStorage-EhStorTcgDrv
Opcode : TcgLib

followed by:

A TCG Command has returned an error.
Desc: AuthenticateSession
Param1: 0x1
Param2: 0x60000001C
Param3: 0x900030003
Param4: 0x0

EnhancedStorage-EhStorTcgDrv
Opcode : TcgLib

I'm using bitlocker with password auth. Since my SSD (curcial m550) supports SED my bitlocker is using eDrive.
My problem is very similar to:

http://forum.crucial.com/t5/Crucial-SSDs/M500-Issues-with-locking-up-A-TCG-Command-has-returned-an-error/td-p/149506

but on Windows 8.1 I didn't have any issues. It's started after moving to Windows 10.

How can I solve my problem?

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

A TCG Command has returned an error" message appears because the device encryption is turned on and it is conflicting with some third party application.

I would suggest you to place your Computer in clean boot and check I fit helps.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Hope it helps, for any further query reply to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Ok, I'm in clean boot now. I also uninstalled acronis true image, disabled fast boot (in bios and windows), disabled bitlocker for my ssd and disabled secure boot in bios.

So far without freeze (my laptop is running almost entire day) although "TCG Command has returned error" still occurs every time I boot windows in my event log. I will stay on this setup for two more days - if nothing will happen I will try to restore some things and look for the cause.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok, I think I found solution: back do Win 8.1 :D

Even after I did what I wrote in previous post I was still encouring freezes. I noticed that it was something with graphics beacause my system was freezing mostly when I was on yt (redgardless which browser). I got like 5 freezes in 10 min just because I was on yt...

I noticed one more problem - when I connected my laptop to TV to watch movie, sound from HDMI wasn't working (I coudn't enable it in audo manager, it didn't see "HDMI Audio") and my movie got like 10 fps.When I unplugged HDMI from my laptop everything was fine, when I plugged it back I got 10fps.

I was trying to run movie on Nvidia and Intel. All drivers was updated. DirectX was installed. K-lite mega codec pack was installed too.

I'm on Win 8.1 now and nothing bad is happening.

I will try go back to Win 10 but in 2016 :P

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having a very similar problem to this. I can't exactly track down the error, but I know from my experiences over the last 2.5 months it's related to my boot drive being encrypted, watching or playing media like YouTube or MP4 on the computer, and opening media related programs like Adobe Premiere. It's driving me nuts, because I can't ever replicated the events that lead up to the last crash, but it still happens about once or twice a day (sometimes more), and usually without any warning. My computer never blue screens though, it just freezes and reboots after several seconds like it was power cycled.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey!

I installed Windows 10 in February this year and I did not encounter any problems.

I guess this was related with Intel Graphics driver. Did you try to upgrade it to latest version?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It was a fresh install of Windows. It's been driving me nuts, but I think I've tracked down the problem to a faulty secondary drive (not the one encrypted). Odd because the problem only happened after the boot drive was encrypted (and I fresh installed Windows 10 about 7 times over two days testing this theory), but now that I've removed the faulty secondary drive, the problem seems to have disappeared. If I experience more crashes, I will update this.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I was wrong. It's still doing it. I went an entire day and a half with no problems, but now it has done it twice in the last 12 hours.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 21, 2021 Views 135 Applies to: