4-digit pin Sign-in option doesn't work on Windows 10

Hi All,

Can any of you help me out with this. I am trying to log-in into my laptop but I use a 4-digit pin password that is collaborated with my microsoft account. Even though my microsoft account Id and password are perfect to login into the portal, I do not see the 4 - digit pin bar to enter and I end up messing around and I am not able to access my laptop. Is there a way out to fix it. I tried to reboot but in vain. I tried to Downgrade using the Go back to the Previous build but it again asks for the password which is a character bar but not the numeric pin bar. Please help me out.

Thanks.

You must already have a password before you can use a PIN.  If you cannot toggle to the PIN using the link beneath the password box, then insert your password.  You should know it because you set up the install with it.  In any case we cannot help you crack it.   If it's a MS Account you can sign in on another PC  To change your Microsoft account password
Windows MVP 2010-2020 (ret).
Millions helped via my tutorials and personally in forums for 14 years.
Please notify me in my articles' Comments if a tutorial link is outdated or ads intrude.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 18, 2024 Views 822 Applies to: