WIndows 10 - Wake from Sleep Issues

Ever Since I upgraded to Windows 10, if my Laptop Happens to sit in sleep mode for a significant period of time, usually 2 - 3 Hours, I will be unable to wake it up. The Power Indicator goes to its standard Solid Color, indicating that it is turned on, but it never actually wakes from sleep. The Screen Display never actually turns on indicating nor does the computer make any noise, indicating that it is not actually waking from sleep. To get out of it I have to a Hard Reset by holding down the Power Button, to reboot.

I have All Windows Updates installed, and have updated all of my Drivers Installed, but I can't seem to find a solution.

EDIT*

I experimented with it a little bit more, and found it was a issue with the Computer going into Sleep Mode. When the Computer goes into the sleep mode, the Power Indicator flashes slowly, but it never reaches this state and sits solid, indicating that the Computer never actually goes into sleep mode.

It only freezes when going into sleep mode, either when I press the Power Button or when I close the Laptop Lid.

Answer
Answer
It has been seen that the present "Intel Management Interface" driver which is of v.11, is preventing complete shutdown of our laptops and causing issues while sleep and wake up. Hence for the time being, untill MS and Intel collaborately fix this up with a rectified driver update, for those who are stucked with this issue, it is recommended to downgrade that driver to an older version, preferably v.9 using this link. And afterwards, prevent Windows from automatically updating the drivers like this

Users who have upgraded from Windows 8.1 or 7 to Windows 10 already have an older version of IME driver installed, which is not getting updated, when they upgrade via media creation tool. For for those who prefer to do a clean installation after getting their Windows 10 activated, the IME driver gets automatically installed via Windows update which installs the latest version i.e. the v.11th one. For them, I recommend them to block driver installation from Windows update as mentioned in my 1st para.

For those who already have v.11 installed, they can uninstall v.11 of the IME driver from Device Manager, which needs a reboot, and after that install a downgraded version of that driver, preferably v.9, from the links mentioned in my 1st para.

54 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 20, 2020 Views 25,748 Applies to: