After updating to Windows 10 creators update (1703), my laptop display does not turn on after resuming from sleep or hibernate (80% of the time). I can wake the display by causing the adapter to sync when an external HDMI display is plugged in. Obviously, for some reason the display is not told to wake up after sleep/hibernate.
I have a Dell Latitude E6530 with NVIDIA NVS 5200M display adapter.
Here's what I've tried:
- Updated the display driver to 220.127.116.1135 (May 1, 2017) from NVIDIA
- Updated BIOS to A21 (latest available today)
- Updated all other drivers (NIC, storage, etc...) using Dell Driver Detect
- Tried using "Project" to change active screen. This doesn't do anything as there aren't any other screens attached. If one is connected the main screen comes back on.
- Disabled hibernation and only used sleep.