Fall creators update Displayport monitor won't go to sleep

Dual monitor setup on an intel nuc d54250wykh.

Main monitor via displayport (2560x1440 @60)

2nd Tv via HDMI (1920x1080@60)

monitors are set to turn off after 10 min in power options. 

computer sleep is disabled as i need it to be running 24/7 .

both monitors sleep after 10 min timeout period or after the pc is locked but the monitor on displayport wakes up immediately afterwards and then goes back to sleep immediately and the wakes immediately and the cycle continues forever.

the second monitor stays asleep.

gpu (intel hd5000) and chipset drivers are latest. 

it started with the fall creators update. no problems before this.

i have tried disabling usb selective suspend and pci link state power management to no effect.

i have removed all USB devices(except mouse and keyboard)- makes no difference. have tried different mouse and keyboard- same problem.

I have run sfc/scannow (no issues detected)

Have run power troubleshooter no issues there.

the weird thing is that some running applications change this behaviour.

eg.

if i remote desktop into this pc from a different pc the computer shows lock screen as it is supposed to and if i disconnect from remote pc the monitor turns off and doesn't go into that on off loop.

if i open reddit windows 10 subreddit page in chrome (does not work in IE or edge) and leave it maximised the the monitor goes to sleep when it is supposed to. (doesn't work if it is minimised).

i haven't come across any other webpage that has this behaviour.( the reddit windows 10 page puts a constant 3% load on the GPU)

I suspect all this has something to do with the new GPU performance monitors in task manager.

Question Info

Last updated August 9, 2019 Views 1,182 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi Tim,

As of the moment, we don't have way to check order number here. For further assistance in checking your order number, we suggest that you contact Microsoft Answer Desk through this link.

Feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.