Designer Bluetooth Mouse: Battery Indicator?

Hello everyone, 

I'm wondering where I could find the "battery status indicator" that was described in this webpage: https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/designer-bluetooth-mouse#details

The reason why I'm asking in the first place is because the Designer Bluetooth Mouse has its weird moments where it would stop for 1-3 seconds followed with a bright little white light near the middle-mouse button. Afterwards, it would start functioning properly again. Could this be the battery indicator? 

I've attached a reference image below that identifies the location of that white light. 

Thanks in advanced,

Nicollo

Question Info

Last updated April 3, 2019 Views 3,852 Applies to:

Hi Nicollo,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. 

First of all, I would suggest you to install all the latest updates released by Microsoft from Windows Updates and check if that helps or not. And to update your drivers, please follow the steps and let us know if it helps fixing the issue or not:

Open Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X, click on Control Panel; select System and Maintenance.

1. Click on Device Manager.
  2. In Device Manager, locate Mouse and double-click to check if it’s working properly.
  3. Go to Driver tab, then click on Update Driver. And follow the instructions.

If this doesn't fixes the issue, please try contacting the hardware manufacturer as only they will be happy to help with your issue:

https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/support/contact-us

Hope this information is helpful. Please post us if you need any help with Windows.

Thank you. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Sagnik,

It turns out that the batteries inside the mouse are coming off so I just placed them back inside properly. I also double checked if an update is needed for the mouse's driver and it already had the most up-to-date version. 

Thank you for the reply! I would definitely seek help from the hardware manufacturer if the problem persists.

-Nicollo

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Nicollo,

Did you fix your problem? It also happened the same to my Designer Mouse with my Surface Pro 4. If anyone found any solutions, please share!

Thank for sharing,

Tithdara

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Tithdara,

I also have this problem with my Designer Bluetooth mouse. Now I can fix it and I have made a guide to fix it as well. You can check it out here:

https://windowshint.com/how-fix-microsoft-designer-bluetooth-mouse/ 

Hope it can help,

Evan Forrest

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.