After updating to the Window's 10 Creator's update, clicking on the power icon from start results in the message: "There are currently no power options available".
I have attempted the following to no avail (rebooting as needed per each attempt):
- Changed power plan (both to a different preset and to a new custom plan).
- Ran gpedit.msc and ensured User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Start Menu and Taskbar was not enabled.
- Ran regedit and created a registry value for NoClose with the value 0 at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer.
- Ran sfc /scannow from an admin command prompt; no issues found.
- Ran powercfg –restoredefaultschemes from an admin command prompt.
- Ran DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth from an admin command prompt; I did get an error at 99.0% Error: 0x800f081f - The source files could not be found. I don't know that this has anything to do with my issue though.
Please advise. Currently the only workaround is to shutdown/reboot via CMD or Ctrl + Alt + Delete.