Windows updated now computer won't work

Last night a windows update ran on my Sony Laptop (using windows 10)

when it finished the screen was blue asking for a keyboard selection. Once i selected US it went to another blue screen indicating that windows has been lost or not working and i needed to go back to a previous version (version 5 was the otion) i tried this and it did not work. One of the other options was to power off which i then tried. When i tried to restart after some time all that happens is the little dot circle appears then the Vaio logo then the circles and logo in a continuous loop. I left it overnight and it is still doing this!  I dont want to loose all my photos and personal document.  Have tried the the windows key it does nothing nor does windows and x key together or alt ctrl delete all it does is say restarting then the loop continues.

Moved from:  Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

Hello Ren,

Software conflict is one of the possible reasons why you're having issues after the recent update. Given that, since your computer isn't working well and you recently installed an app, driver, or update, we highly suggest performing a Restore from a system restore point.

This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. Restore points are generated when you install a new app, driver, or Windows update, and when you create a restore point manually. Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

You can visit this article: Recovery options in Windows 10 to know more information about it. Just look for Restore from a system restore point section.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks but at the moment the computer just keeps cycling between logo circling dots and restarting. The windows key just promptsit to restart again and the cycle continues. Windows and x does the same thing

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

We appreciate your update. If that's the case, you may try the suggestions posted by DaveM121 in this thread. Quite a few people found his suggestions helpful.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 19, 2024 Views 139 Applies to: