Question

Windows 10 - 'Your computer is low on memory' alert message is displayed randomly.

Aravin.it asked on

Hi All,

I am randomly getting the 'Your computer is low on memory' alert message. Also, my system is getting slower day-by-day.

Previously I was in Windows 8, that time my system will be super fast. Now, it is completely different.  Sometimes browser itself closing with error message.

How to speed up my system? Is it my system issue or Windows 10 issue?

Daily Usage:

* 4 Hours of web browsing

* 1  Hour of songs

* 2 Hour of Videos

System Configuration:

* i3 Processor

* 3.1 GHz

* 4 GB Ram

* 500 GB HD

Steps taken to speed up:

* Removed background app

* Removed startup app

* Scan with anti virus program

* Clean temp files using CCleaner

Nothing works for me....... Day-by-day getting tooo slower. Kindly do needful windows team.

-
Thanks & Regards,
Aravind. A
http://aravin.net
56 people had this question

Abuse history

Most Helpful Reply
Juzar_Ali replied on

Hi Aravind,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.  

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will certainly help you with this issue.

The computer hard drive needs certain space to run certain programs, such as the internet, installers, updaters and what not. When your computer is low on memory, it means that you've filled up most of the RAM. You can view how much you have by following these steps; 

I suggest you to change the size of virtual memory and check if it helps.

To change the size of virtual memory follow the steps below:

1. Right click on This PC.
  2. Go to Advance System Settings.
  3. On the Advanced tab, under Performance, click Settings.
  4. Click the Advanced tab, and then, under Virtual memory, click Change.
  5. Clear the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives check box.
  6. Under Drive [Volume Label], click the drive that contains the paging file you want to change.
  7. Click Custom size, type a new size in megabytes in the Initial size (MB) or Maximum size (MB) box.
  8. Click Set and then click OK.

I would also suggest you to check if a program overuses memory

If the computer becomes low on memory whenever you run certain programs, one or more of those programs might have a memory leak. To stop a memory leak, you need to close the program. To repair a memory leak, you need to check for updates for the program or contact the publisher of the software.

To determine which program is using the most memory, follow these steps:

1. Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete key to open Task Manager.
  2. Click the Processes tab.
  3. To sort programs by memory usage, click Memory.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

7 people found this helpful

Abuse history

progress