Windows 10 warning pops up daily in event viewer, device setup manager id 123

this warning is in event viewer every day but only with Windows 10, it was not there before when I was running Windows 7 I am attaching a picture of warnings from my event viewer.

Hi Scott,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We are really sorry for the inconvenience.

I request you to answer these questions.

· Is your computer connected to any domain network?

.  Do you experience any issue in the Computer at the time of warning in Event Viewer?

I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: If you are using any third party antivirus, temporarily disable it and then check if this fixes the issue.

Temporarily disable antivirus software or any security software installed on your computer temporarily.

Warning: Security software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Method 2: Let’s clean start the operating system and check if you get the error.

We recommend you to clean start the operating system to determine if other programs are interfering with this application. To do this, see this article on how to perform a clean boot.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After checking the functionality in clean boot, follow the suggestions under “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot”.

Hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Regards,

Jenith

38 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 27, 2020 Views 3,588 Applies to: