Windows 10 Tiles have disappeared

My Start Menu Tiles have disappeared, but in a different way.Earlier, I followed a solution to the problem which involved the Start Menu and Taskbar not working and in the process, deleted the AppTileLayer file.Now, my taskbar is working, but my tiles are not available.
Answer
Answer

Hello Dhara,

Thank you for posting your concern and I can see that this is the first thread you created in Microsoft Community, so welcome !

In this scenario, firstly we appreciate the time and effort you have put in to work on the issue. Let me assist you further.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check for the latest updates in Windows 10 which helps the PC to make optimal use of Windows 10 capabilities as well as fixing any missing links in performance of the operating system. 

Ref: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267

Windows 10 periodically checks for updates so you don’t have to. When an update is available, it’s automatically downloaded and installed – keeping your PC up to date with the latest features.

To check for updates now, go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says that your PC is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available.

Now, follow the below methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1

If you already have a System Restore Point in the recent time, you can check if reverting to the restore points helps to restore the tiles of the apps you are referring to.

To check if there is any Restore Point already created, follow the below steps.

1. Press Windows key + X, select System.

2. In the left pane, click on System Protection.

3. Select the option to system restore > next. It will show all restore points already created.

Method 2

If the above still does not help, check if it helps, when you login to the computer through a different user account. 

Follow the steps to create a new user account, if you don't have one:

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type settings and select Settings.

2. Select Accounts > Other user accounts.

3. Under Manage other accounts, select Add an account.

4. At the bottom of the page, select Sign in without a Microsoft account.

5. Select Local account.

6. Enter a name for the new account. If you want this person to sign in with a password, enter and verify the password, add a password hint, and then select Next.

7. Select Finish.

I suggest you to create another administrator user account by referring to Set up accounts on Windows 10 article.

Please write to us with the updated information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 4, 2020 Views 1,479 Applies to: