Windows 10 Lenovo Z51 Laptop - Stuck in black screen with white dot circle still spinning for hours

I had no problem with my Lenovo Z51 laptop before so this is my first time encountering this issue. When I am trying to start up my laptop, the Lenovo logo appears and then leading to the black screen with white dot circle spinning. It has been like that for hours. Must be something wrong with my laptop. Having googled other support forums for some answers in bid to solve this problem myself, I have tried the system restore method, restoring to the recent date but this method has not still solved the problem here. Since I am not quite a computer expert, so I am asking you to help me out with this problem. What should I do next to solve this problem? Please please help me out with this. Many thanks in advance. 

Please see below the image, as this is what I get on my laptop - BLACK SCREEN WITH WHITE DOT CIRCLE SPINNING NON-STOP.

Hi,

We would like to know more about your concern. Please provide the following:

• Were there any hardware/software changes prior to the issue?
  • Have you already tried unplugging USB devices and restarting your computer?

We're looking forward to your response.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, thank you for your response.

I can confirm that no hardware/ software changes made to my laptop. And I have tried unplugging all the USB devices and restarted my laptop but it is still not working. The problem just happened when I started up my laptop as normal and please note that my laptop did not have any previous technical issue. 

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

We appreciate the information you've provided. One of the reasons why you're getting a black screen dots moving in a small circular pattern during startup means that the updates are finalizing. However, if the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps on this article: Troubleshooting Windows 8 and 10 Failure to Start.

Do let us know should you need further assistance.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 21, 2023 Views 995 Applies to: