Well when i upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 yesterday 29th july i saw a massive decrease of FPS in games then i saw that memory went up to 50% and it was increasing to 80% And System is taking up 260 mb of memory.
This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread.
You might be facing this issue due to several reasons like low virtual memory, third party software conflicts, virus threat on the computer etc.
Even though no programs or applications are running, some background services can show memory usage and disk usage. In order to check which particular program is using the memory, I would suggest you to check the Task manager.
Refer to these steps:
1. Press Windows key + X, select
2. Click on the ‘Processes’ tab and it will show you show you a list of programs and services running and their corresponding memory usage and disk usage.
3. Check if any of the item listed is consuming more memory or disk usage than normal.
I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.
You need to increase this virtual memory.
Make it equivalent to your RAM size for the initial size and twice of the initial size in maximum size and make sure you have the same amount of free space in your hard drive in each drive.
To do this, follow the following steps:
1. Go to Control Panel (Press Windows key + X)> All control panel items > System
2. Click on Advanced system settings.
3. Under Performance, click on settings
4. Go to Advanced tab
5. Under Virtual memory, click on Change
6. Un-check "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives" check box
7. Select your windows drive (where OS is installed)
8. Click on Custom size radio button
9. Set Initial size equivalent to your RAM size in MB
10. Set Maximum size to twice of your RAM size in MB
11. Click on Set
12. Click on OK thrice
13. Restart your system
Hope it helps.
Let us know if the issue persist, we are glad to assist you further.
Thanks & regards,
220 people were helped by this reply
Did this solve your problem?
Sorry this didn't help.
Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.
How satisfied are you with this reply?
Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.