Windows 10 crashes with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION every time I enable my webcam

Hello!

I'm using the 1703 version and 15063.296 build of Windows. I believe it's the latest since searching for new updates doesn't bring up anything.

I recently bought a new Logitech 920 webcam and have installed the latest drivers.

My problem is that every time I start using the webcam be it in Skype (classic and Win10 built-in) and other video chat applications or just by testing it with Logitechs Gaming Software, Windows starts freezing and then crashes with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION.

I have read around that there was an issue that emerged after the Anniversary update that broke most webcams but that was supposedly patched with a update last September.

Can anyone give me any suggestions on how to fix this?

****Post moved by the forum moderator to a more appropriate category.****

Question Info

Last updated May 25, 2018 Views 394 Applies to:
Answer

The driver that is causing the crash appears to be the lvuvc64.sys:

BugCheck 133, {1, 1e00, fffff802adbf5348, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for lvuvc64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for lvuvc64.sys

Probably caused by : lvuvc64.sys ( lvuvc64+5aaf5 )

The lvuvc64.sys, which appears to be dated from 2012, is a Logitech driver for the camera.

As that may be the latest version of the lvuvc64.sys available try switching to the built-in Windows webcam driver

(native USB Video Device Class (UVC) drivers):

http://support.logitech.com/en_in/article/Install-native-UVC-drivers-for-your-Logitech-webcam?product=a0qi00000069uigAAA

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.