Question

Q: Windows 10 crashes with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION every time I enable my webcam

Hello!

I'm using the 1703 version and 15063.296 build of Windows. I believe it's the latest since searching for new updates doesn't bring up anything.

I recently bought a new Logitech 920 webcam and have installed the latest drivers.

My problem is that every time I start using the webcam be it in Skype (classic and Win10 built-in) and other video chat applications or just by testing it with Logitechs Gaming Software, Windows starts freezing and then crashes with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION.

I have read around that there was an issue that emerged after the Anniversary update that broke most webcams but that was supposedly patched with a update last September.

Can anyone give me any suggestions on how to fix this?

****Post moved by the forum moderator to a more appropriate category.****

Answer

A:

The driver that is causing the crash appears to be the lvuvc64.sys:

BugCheck 133, {1, 1e00, fffff802adbf5348, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for lvuvc64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for lvuvc64.sys

Probably caused by : lvuvc64.sys ( lvuvc64+5aaf5 )

The lvuvc64.sys, which appears to be dated from 2012, is a Logitech driver for the camera.

As that may be the latest version of the lvuvc64.sys available try switching to the built-in Windows webcam driver

(native USB Video Device Class (UVC) drivers):

http://support.logitech.com/en_in/article/Install-native-UVC-drivers-for-your-Logitech-webcam?product=a0qi00000069uigAAA

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

5 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 380 Last updated: May 25, 2018 Applies to: