Windows 10 Black Screen With Cursor Before Login

So, just a few days ago i updated my computer to the new windows 10 April update and it went fine... until i tried rebooting the system, after i restarted i was welcomed by a black screen with just a cursor, i could freely move the cursor around but couldn't do anything else(This is before even getting to the login screen). After about 5 minutes of waiting the black screen finally goes away and the usual login screen appears. I have tried doing this multiple times and it keeps happening. If i then turn off the computer and restart it within about an hour everything works properly, but if i wait any longer then the black screen comes up again. I have already tried updating my graphics drivers, thanks for the help :)

Edit: I have tried disabling fast boot to see if that helps, i cant really know for sure unless i wait for an hour or 2, since as i stated before it works fine for a while after i shut it down. If it fixes it i will let you know, thanks.

13 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I am going to ask you to rollback to your previous version.

Power on and off your computer three times

How do you do that?

Power on, when you see the Windows Logo - power off

Power on, when you see the Windows Logo - power off

Power on, it will then your computer will boot into the Advanced Recovery environment

You might be asked to sign in with your Microsoft Account or Local Account password.

Click Advanced Options
Click Troubleshoot
Click Advanced Options

boot into the recovery environment, then click 'Go back to previous version of Windows'

Windows Update might attempt to upgrade to Windows 10 1803 again. See instructions how to block it:
https://www.groovypost.com/howto/block-windows-...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
Best,
Andre
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

17 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, thanks for the help, but when my computer boots up it doesnt actually show a windows icon, it just shows my motherboards brand logo and then goes straight to the login screen, thanks.

36 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

At the Sign In screen, hold down the shift key on your keyboard while clicking the Power button on the screen
Continue to hold down the shift key while clicking Restart
Continue to hold down the shift key until the Advanced Recovery Options menu appears

Click Troubleshoot

Click Advanced options

Click Go back to the previous version of Windows

Windows Update might attempt to upgrade to Windows 10 1803 again. See instructions how to block it:
https://www.groovypost.com/howto/block-windows-...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
Best,
Andre
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2024 Views 76,267 Applies to: