The application or operating system couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors Errors Windows 10

Hi everyone, whenever I start my computer I get this error message:

The application or operating system couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors errors.

File: \windows\system32\winload.efi

Error Code: 0xc000000e

You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation media (like a disc or USB device), contact your PC administrator or PC/Device manufacture.

My Computer is an Alienware 13 R2. It has:

• Windows 10 Home 64 Bit Build 1709 (Fall Creator's Update).
  • Intel Core i7 6500u.
  • 8 GB DDR3 Ram.
  • Seagate Firecuda 1 TB SSHD.
  • Nvidia GTX 960m.

This started happening after I tried to convert my GPT hard drive to MBR. I ran chkdsk and chkdsk /f and that does not do anything. I ran chkdsk while in Windows RE and when I put my laptop hard drive into my other computer. Before I ran bootrec /rebuildbcd and then added the installation of Windows that it found to the boot menu by pressing "y", I used to get the following error message:

Your pc/device needs to be repaired

A required device is missing or cannot be accessed

Error Code: 0xc000000e"

You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation media (like a disc or USB device), contact your PC administrator or PC/Device manufacturer.

Then afterward I got the error message that I mentioned earlier which is the one that I currently get now. When I ran bootrec /fixmbr I got the error message "the opperation completed successfully". I also tried running bootrec /fixboot and I got the message "Access is denied." After than I ran bootrec /rebuild bcd and it found my installation of Windows and then I pressed "y" to add it to the boot menu. When I had the message asking if I wanted to add my installation of Windows to the boot menu, there was a message below which said "The requested system device could not be found." What does this mean? Here is a screenshot: I could try running sfc /scannow from the command prompt in Windows RE. Is it possible to copy the file winload.efi from another computer or from the installation of Windows 10 from the old hard drive that came with my laptop? Is this problem fixable or do I have to re-install Windows? Thank you, hope you guys can help me.

Question Info

Last updated October 16, 2019 Views 9,742 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Hi Andre, I have followed your instructions that you mentioned above and I was not able to fix the problem. However, I did manage to fix the problem by changing the BIOS settings on my computer, after trying the things you instructed me to do while using the default BIOS settings.  The settings that I changed In the Bios were in the section labled "Boot" in that section, I changed the option "Boot List Option" from UEFI to Legacy and then I changed the option "Load Legacy Option Rom" from Disabled to Enabled. Thank you, for your help and quick reply.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.