I have a Surface Pro 5 with a Windows Hello camera that wasn't working and I wasn't able to fix it. Looked like I'd need to do a reset to fix the drivers, so instead I decided to give 2004 a try, hoping the update would refresh the camera drives. Indeed this worked, but I've been having a lot of problems since the update:
Seems like all sorts of applications and OS features won't remember my username/passwords anymore.
- Every time I log in I have to sign into both one drive personal and one drive business.
- Outlook keeps asking me to log into my office365 every few hours.
- Acrobat keeps asking for my Adobe login every time a load a pdf if I haven't done so in a few hours.
- Settings periodically makes me fix my insider account configuration by re-authenticating with Hello
- Lastpass extention in Firefox keeps asking me to enter my password despite being configured to only require a fingeprint (it first asks me for my fingerprint, but then also asks for the password)
- probably some stuff I can't recall right now.
I wasn't having any of these issues before the update.
I tried following Lastpass's support advice to fix it by reinstalling the extension and resetting several settings but this didn't help.
It's possible these are all individual issues, but since it seems to be an issue with remembering credentials across a variety of applications, I'm suspecting it's a system wide issue and maybe not specific to these applications.
I checked that the credential manager service is running. It was set to manual. I changed it to automatic and rebooted but this didn't seem to help.
Anyone have an idea what could be going on here?