Soundmixer.exe error on startup

I have been getting this error for a few days and cannot seem to fix it.
I have been getting this error on startup,or when I run cmd prompt (even as administrator) and sometimes in random or mostly when i install something.Like when i installed Autodesk app manger i got this error but it did not how up when installed Maya or its service packs. cmd prompt is a no go and I have not found any solutions either.
I tried to run a few registry fix program but it did not help.My antivirus is not helping either.So I really dont know if this is a virus cause or not.
And there is nothing in the programs list or anything suspicious in the task manager. Whenever the error shows up I just see a new cmd prompt task.

So i need help.

**A few updates.....This problem happened after i installed a game...WWE 2k18.
I uninstalled the game the problem still is there....
This error also shows up 3 times when i close MAYA....I have to close the error 3 times and then MAYA closes....I uninstalled MAYA too but it still shows up randomly and when I boot.....

Moved from: [Windows / Windows 10 / Security & privacy]

Answer
Answer
OK...I followed these steps and fixed it....

1.a) Open Run (windows key + r) and enter "%appdata%" without quotes and press enter.

1.b) Go to the Microsoft folder and delete the SoundMixer folder contained within (This is the mining software).

1.c) Open Run and enter "regedit.exe" without quotes.

1.d) Find the registry entry mentioned in the OP ([HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor]) and remove it. This entry attempts to run the miner whenever a CMD is started.

2.a) Go to the winlogon registry entry in the same regedit software ([HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon])

2.b) Check the sub-key named "shell" and change its value to "explorer.exe" without the quotes. (This means when you log onto windows it will no longer attempt to run the miner and instead start up normally.)

Everything works fine now...No errors during startup or when i close Maya.

Now,Can I reinstall WWE2K18 again or should I contact steam first because this all started after I installed that game.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 24, 2024 Views 128 Applies to: