Service Host: Web Account Manager using 70+% of CPU

I noticed that the fan on my laptop (Thinkpad Yoga X1) running Windows 10 was running at full speed, which was draining the battery quickly.  At the same time noticed a sharp drop off in performance on the machine.  (I was waiting for the applications to catch up with the keystrokes, etc.)

I the looked at the task manager and noticed a process called Service Host:Web Account Manager using most of the CPU capacity.  See below. 

If I stop the process, the fan slows down, the applications and  internet browser return to their normal self.  But, when I restart the machine, this Web Account Manager returns along with the degraded performance.  Do I need this process, and if not, can I disable it?  Or, it this situation a result of something else going on.  (This started back after a recent update I did.  I tried to restore, but it wasn't successful.) 

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.   

Answer
Answer
By shut off, I mean in Services.msc to choose the service to Disable and Turn Off.

More here about it: http://batcmd.com/windows/10/services/tokenbroker/
----------------------------------
I am a volunteer and not Microsoft.

Over 100,000 helped in forums for 11 years. I don't quit for those who are polite and cooperative.

Windows MVP 2010-21

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 14, 2021 Views 19,871 Applies to: