SBS2011 and Windows 10

Dear Microsoft,

TIME TO SPEAK OUT!!!

I must report that as a reseller and VAR (MCSP) I am very upset and so are my customers at the lack of planning and concern expressed by Microsoft from the onset with respect to Small Business Server (SBS) Users.  Windows 10 was released with great hoopla and promotion as the greatest thing since sliced bread.  Everyone was offered FREE upgrades, wonderful!!

GREAT! now here's what happened to the millions of users of SBS 2XXX, they cannot get to their server in the traditional way, the server is NOT available to map drives, create shortcuts, etc.  YES, I know Microsoft is phasing out SBS BUT what about a little loyalty for those millions users who wish to remain with this stable SBS product, a really great product (Which we as VARS pushed for many years) and one which has worked very well for many years. 

THEY GOT SCREWED!!! 

1.       Speak to support, "Oh, that's a known issue!"  well when are they going to fix it?  "We don't know, that's not our responsibility".  Great what should I tell my clients??

2.       Oh by the way the support cost $499.00, to fix YOUR problem!!

3.       We could downgrade to Windows 7 (the only really functional OS), ops that does not support the large > 2TB drives, so much for 8 TB RAID drives, very clever Microsoft, very clever!!  Great marketing for the Cloud, and that is not FREE, Hmm... 

4.       We could wait for Microsoft to wake up and realize that that market share is very upset and that there are other alternatives.

5.       As to the Cloud "the big thing today", it's a great idea, however, some clients do not want their proprietary data in the cloud, they have no confidence that it is secure.  "Oh it's protected with 256-bit encryption, Hmm... The hackers broke into the NSA and CIA databases.  What make you think that the Microsoft Cloud is any more secure??

DID ANYONE THINK ABOUT THESE POINTS WHEN THEY PUSHED WINDOWS 10 and Windows 8.0 (Failed) and 8.1 (Failed).

Please feel free to contact me, my customers and I would be very interested in your reply!

Compu Pro Systems, Inc.

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi I have same issu with my customers and I now 3 off them got set up ubundu linuxserver working like sbs2011 with out exchange offcose.

I have same thougts be cose many customers have not so goot internetconection and sit upp with this.

its bat of microsoft kicking som customers out.

thanks

HDH

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Discussion Info

Last updated May 24, 2019 Views 0 Applies to: