Readyboost option for SD Card on Windows 10

Original title: Readyboost issue

I'm using Windows 10, and I wanted to try and speed up my system (the computer is a stick and used for streaming video and unfortunately Flash keeps crashing and I was hoping it would help), but the Readyboost tab doesn't appear in the properties for the drive when I insert an SD card.  

I looked in Services, and there isn't a Readyboost service, although Superfetch is there and running.  

Any way to activate this thing?

Answer
Answer

Hi David,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that the Readyboost option for the SD card on Windows 10 is not available. I will certainly help you.

ReadyBoost is a Windows feature to increase random read access speed to the hard drive, that can speed up your computer. Make sure these requirements are met to use Readyboost feature.

Software Requirements:

To use ReadyBoost in Windows 10 make sure that SuperFetch service is enabled. ReadyBoost won't work if the SuperFetch service is stopped or disabled.

Hardware Requirements:

To use Ready Boost you need a USB flash drive or flash memory card with the following capabilities:

• 1-32 GB of free space.
  • Data transfer rate of at least 3.5 Mbit/s.
  • USB 2.0 support (or higher).

Some SD card does not support Ready boost, this might be the reason you are facing the issue. However, I suggest you try formatting the SD card in NTFS option and check if this helps. Here's how:

• Connect the SD card to the computer and right click on it.
  • Select format and set the file system to NTFS (default).
  • Now select click on Start to format the SD Card.

While formatting the select the option NTFS instead FAT32 and copy the file again and try performing Ready boost.

Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

29 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 16, 2024 Views 12,319 Applies to: