PC has been crashing and I've been troubleshooting for weeks. Decided I need more help

So I've been troubleshooting some BSODs for a few weeks now, I've already done a fresh install of Windows 10 on my PC and I've made sure all my drivers are up to date. 

I seem to have less BSODs since I rolled back my BIOS but I'm still experiencing another BSOD,

My Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3950x

GPU: Asus ROG Strix 2080 ti

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4x8 32GB C14

Motherboard: Asus Crosshair Hero VIII (Wifi)

On Sat 10/10/2020 7:05:25 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!setjmpex+0x8279)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x3EA7FA6E8, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8021E87E6B6)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug.
This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 10/10/2020 7:05:25 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\101020-10156-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F3EA0)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x3EA7FA6E8, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8021E87E6B6)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug.
This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.  

These are the entries I used when using WhoCrashed to check what happened after the most recent BSOD. 

I've already done a clean install of my GPU drivers and I've disabled the Realtek drivers. I've been working on this for two weeks and I'm at the end of my rope and really stuck at what could be causing the problem now. So I'm asking for help for reading the dump files and checking what exactly is causing those two kernel-mode drivers to crash since I have no tool to analyze the dump files myself.

Here are the files according to the guide:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhEvwLwCPLTTkkoJfl7lksXJk6ew?e=rf8XtU

Thanks to anyone who tries to help me, this is getting quite frustrating.

Will add updated dump files if I get another crash while waiting

Hi Anjheos,
I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 3 year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

No driver was named in the crashes. A process named mintty.exe was mentioned in the dump file.

As a first step, please update BIOS of your motherboard as often BSOD issues are resolved by the same.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-Crossh...

You may also disable any overclocking and XMP profiles until the system stabilizes.

Disclaimer:
There are links to non-Microsoft websites which would provide accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the websites which are frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). There is no need to buy paid products to fix your computers as they do more harm than good sometimes.
Sumit

Always include PC Specs, Make and Model of the device. Ensure all the latest quality updates have been installed. It may take multiple replies to reach a satisfactory answer.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi thanks for the quick reply! 

I know mintty.exe is the terminal emulator that I'm using for my project right now. That makes sense since the terminal was open when the crash happened. 

I've already attempted updating my BIOS but that caused more instability and gave me  BSODs of APC_Index_Mismatch instead, which is why I rolled back to the last stable version I knew. 

I've also disabled my XMP profile since I got a random restart after posting my question. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for the additional information. Often emulators cause the issues as well like this. I would wait for the next BSOD and if that happens, running driver verifier would be my next suggestion.

The next step,
Let us try finding any misbehaving driver
Enable Driver Verifier:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...
(Must create a Restore point before)

Upload the newer dumps when you get Driver_Verifier_detected_voilation.

Please note that the system might crash before you reach the desktop-if it does please let us know so that we can guide you to disable Verifier.
Sumit

Always include PC Specs, Make and Model of the device. Ensure all the latest quality updates have been installed. It may take multiple replies to reach a satisfactory answer.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Speaking of APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

I just got one again right now. 

Here are the dumps.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhEvwLwCPLTTkkyK4F8fAxQu19C8?e=NEND6d

Please let me know what caused the error again. This is getting frustrating. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately, no 3rd party driver could be located in the crashes. Please run the verifier and share the newest dump file.
Sumit

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm currently running Driver Verifier. The system hasn't crashed to a bluescreen as of yet. I'm waiting for it to crash right now so it might take a while. I will let you know and provide the new dump files when it does happen

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I got a blue screen crash but it wasn't a Driver_Verifier_detected_violation error, it was APC_INDEX_MISMATCH again.

Here are the dumps 

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhEvwLwCPLTTkk3zv242mZowTLZG?e=5cGNKo

hopefully this one has useful information.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Still the same error. Please continue to look for driver verifier crash and share the file again.
Sumit

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Sumit,

please excuse me for writing in another topic. Could You please take a look at my problem?

I really dont know what to do.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/0xc1900101-0x20017-error-code-when-doing-an-update/eef8039b-8ad7-405b-8592-e7aee433abd7?tm=1602338245939

best regards John

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes I'll keep the verifier on until I find the crash or until after a few days. So far I've only gotten different errors which is making me think it might be hardware failure. I will update you in a few days if I find anything with the verifier.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 30, 2021 Views 86 Applies to: