Question

No Refresh/re-rendering on parts of a program window

J.Jones_ asked on

I'm having a consistent fault were parts of a programs window will not refresh/redraw/re-render. To list programs that I've encountered with suffer from are: Chrome and Visual Studio. As they have different developers I assumed this to be a Windows fault. It is not consistent in the area that is affected in the Window. The affected area(s) will either have a previous rendered frames content or be white. 

The solutions I have found are inconsistent at best and revolve around moving the cursor/pointer around the area affected. Or re positioning or resizing the whole Window. 

My colleague is also experiencing the same faults. We have an Acer and Lenovo respectively. We both have Intel CPU's and with Intel chips handling graphics as well. We are also running multiple monitor setups. 

Is anyone else having this issue? Any recommendations on how to resolve this

My PC Specs:

Windows version is: Windows 10 Home version 1607 (OS Build 14393.222) 64 bit

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i75557U 

GPU: Intel(R) Iris(TM) Graphics 6100

RAM: 16 GB

Keywords: "White area","Window","rendering","refresh","redraw","Windows 10","fault","error","patches"

38 people had this question

Abuse history

Most Helpful Reply
Alban Rampon replied on

I do know Microsoft employees are currently working on this. 

This is just that the work is taking place away from the limelight and probably Microsoft employees skimming the community don't have visibility of what all 94k employees are doing... but we are keeping the pressure on this important issue.

7 people found this helpful

Abuse history

progress