My time and date keep jumping to the future every time my computer wakes from sleep

Hello

Ever since I downloaded the newest update (I have Windows 10), my computer's clock keeps jumping to the future whenever I wake it from sleep mode. It typically jumps to late February 2018, or March 2018. Never any further. 

The other day I checked my programs, to see if there was anything strange that I never installed. I found two games that I don't recall installing that had future installation dates. I thought this was strange, so I sorted my programs by install date and found two more programs that I need that were "installed" in February 2018. One of them was a Microsoft app, "Mixed reality reviewer" and my Wacom tablet's driver. I had windows "fix" the Microsoft app, and it's install date changed to that day. And then I just deleted my wacom driver and re downloaded it from their site. So now all my programs have proper install dates. I thought this solved my issue, as I put my computer into sleep mode and it came out of sleep with the proper date/time. However the issue persisted later. 

I already ran anti-virus/malware and they have found no threats on my computer. My computer is only a year old, I just got it from iBuypower. I had a pretty large issue with it a few months ago, I had to send it back for them to replace my power supply because it was messed up. I highly doubt it is my CMOS battery, since my computer is only a year old, and my date keeps jumping to the future, not to the past. However, I will keep it in mind, if I am unable to find any other solution. It also did not happen until after my computer updated the last Microsoft update.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is it possible to have anything to do with that windows update or is that just a coincidence?

What else could cause this issue, other than CMOS battery failing, and virus'?

Also, another thing I am noticing (primarily now as I double check) when I go to services, my windows time changed on me. I noticed the other day it was disabled completely. So I clicked "start" and turned on automatic, rather than manual. I thought perhaps this was my issue and that it would be solved. However, it changed since then - back to manual and was disabled again. I am not sure how it disabled itself, but I enabled it again, switched it on to automatic, and I hit "start". Then I tested it, I put my computer to sleep and woke it - and what do you know, it jumped to February 20th, 2018 again.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 

Thank you!

Answer
Answer

Just a quick update...

I found a temporary solution.

I went into advanced power settings and turned off sleep mode and turned on hibernate instead. Instead of putting my computer to sleep, I let it go into hibernate on it's own and when I went back on it an hour later, the date did not change. 

Hoping this sticks. And as long as I don't put my computer into sleep mode.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 21, 2024 Views 6,901 Applies to: