Microsoft Office SDX helper- High CPU in background

Today while I was doing work my computer fans started whirring for seemingly no reason- all I had open was google chrome. I checked task manager and found on program, Microsoft Office SDX helper, was using large (as in 70%) CPU out of the blue. Worried that it would crash my computer, I hit end process and nothing happened, so I thought I had solved the problem. However, this evening went I went to do more work the same issue happened, and again SDX was the culprit. And now it just happened a third time.

I can't imagine what is causing it to do this. I had not opened any office programs since I last restarted the computer and it has not happened before today. For a short term fix, I uninstalled Office for my sanity and not needing to keep the task manager tab open all day. Does anyone know of this problem/how to fix this?

Moved from: Office/ Unknown/other / Windows other / Office 365 Home

Question Info

Last updated April 9, 2020 Views 78,618 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
I solved the same problem, first open programs and features, select Microsoft office, then select change button and automatically office repair tool appear, select deep repair, it reinstall's office, and the problem is solved.

86 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.