Microsoft Edge problem since Creators Update

I cannot access my internet banking account with Edge since the Creators Update. I can with Internet Explorer and with Google Chrome. I can log into the HSBC system but when it comes down to logging into my account it just sits there.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

Question Info

Last updated October 21, 2018 Views 12,013 Applies to:
Answer
Well I can now say that I can now log successfully into my HSBC bank account using Microsoft Edge.  I noticed some cumulative updates on the 14th June 2017 called "2017-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4022725)".  Also (KB4022405) might have helped and was part of that update. Force this update through and see if it helps for you.  Martin.

26 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

My wife has had this problem for weeks and has had to switch to another browser. I have been ok, though, until yesterday (following a cumulative update), now my HSBC account details don't load. Also, although successfully logged on, my BT Mail will not load, in the same way, nor can I stream BT Sport.

Having read some of the advice, all of these problems disappear if I switch to IE.

[UPDATE:  I have opened the 'new InPrivate' window in the Edge browser and this has allowed all of the affected sites to properly load. How odd. This, though,  is something that I do not constantly wish to mess around having to do. Come on Microsoft get your finger out].

Have you tried resetting your EDGE browser?  Go to the 3 small horizontal dots, then "SETTINGS", then "CLEAR BROWSING DATA".  Click on "CHOOSE WHAT TO CLEAR" then "SHOW MORE" and with all boxes ticked press "CLEAR".  This the best you can do as EDGE is part of the operating system and cannot be uninstalled, but lets hope this might work for you. Regards.

13 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.