LiveKernelEvent 141 - Hardware failure??

My computer was built for gaming. But every time I try to run my preferred racing game I experince a crash. The Reliability Monitor gives this error message:

Description
A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 141
Parameter 1: ffffe680be7f54a0

Parameter 2: fffff80add5dc1a0       

Parameter 3: 0
Parameter 4: 2f94
OS version: 10_0_16299
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1
OS Version: 10.0.16299.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1030

I need help in understanding all this, since I have no idea of where to look for the origin of the failure.

Thanks in advance

Hi Ole,

We need to do further investigation so that we can identify the cause of the issue. Is this only happening on that specific program? It's possible that this is caused by your video card, overheating, or under powered power supply unit. If you are overclocking your device, I suggest that you disable it and see if it has the same issue. I also suggest that you update your video card driver to the latest version and see if there's any difference.

Looking forward to your response.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Radney.

I have already been in an extensive dialogue on the forum pertaining to the game, where I have been guided through all the basic investigative steps.

I use my PC for racing games only. I have experienced some crashes on both games that I play at the moment.

I have been running Stress tests and Memory test software to no avail. No overheating takes place. My PS unit is capable of delivering 750 Watts.

No Overclocking is taking place, and Intel Turbo Boost has been turned off, since I started to troubleshoot. Even my RAM is running on 2133 MHz even though it is capable of 4 GHz with X.M.P. (also turned off for the time being).

Any PSU and GPU related utilities have been uninstalled. The latest Nvidia driver has been installed but not before having removed all old files with the DDU Uninstaller.

I have a feeling that my issue are TDR related though, because in my log, I get lots of "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" messages together with a bunch of unspecified hardware fails, like the one shown above.

Here's the link to my post in the Project CARS forum from where I have received guidance so far. Snapshots of my screen showing the results of the Ram test are to be found there as well:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?62367-HELP!!-My-game-keeps-crashing-on-my-PC

Thanks for your advice so far. I hope that you may help me understand the original error message, though.

Sorry this didn't help.

For further isolation. What is the exact error message (not on the reliability monitor) when your game crashes? Also, did this just recently happened? Did you made an update, or install any program before this issue happened? You can also try running the System File Checkerand Deployment Image & Servicing Managementtools to check the system for any corruptions. Follow the steps below: 
  1. Right-click on Start and then select Command Prompt (Admin). 

2. Type DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth, and then press Enter. This will fix any corruptions that it finds. 

3. Type SFC /Scannow  on the prompt, and then press Enter. This scan will repair system files. 

Keep us posted.

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for all the good advice. But I have now located the hardware failure in question, and it turned out to be my GPU card as I suspected all along.

Please refer to my comments in this thread dealing with TDR issues:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware-winpc/windows-10-videotdrfailure-nvlddmkmsys-video-tdr/1719728a-e5dd-4d5f-93e2-e3497e193aad?messageId=9d9d20a9-cf78-4c20-bf85-fd0817c09f7f

Edit: Links doesn't appear to work here, so I will duplicate my last reply here underneath:

Sorry this didn't help.

From the post/question: 'Windows 10 - Video_TDR_Failure (NVLDDMKM.SYS) Video TDR Failure - BSOD - Win 10'

An update to my situation:

During the last few days I have continued testing my setup. I even completely uninstalled my Oculus gear to make sure that the VR equipment wasn't the culprit. Sadly, when gaming the game continued to freeze/close down after a short while.

So I installed the test software PCMark, 3DMark (both published by Futuremark) together with the **** GPU stress-tester Furmark.

My PC fared well in the PCMark test but crashed during both of the GPU Stress tests. So I went over to a friend were we performed the exact same tests on his PC. It passed without any problems at all.

Then we switched GPUs so my PC was using my friend's GTX 1070 card and his PC was using mine. And guess what? The problem transferred to his PC whereas my PC was suddenly able to perform all GPU Stress tests with no issues encountered at all.

So now I will RMA my GPU and hopefully soon be receiving a new and better graphics card.

Thank you for all the help so far.

17 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 5, 2020 Views 28,812 Applies to: