Laptop Stuck on Boot after Windows Update

Hi All,

Tech Stack: Windows 10 1909 (OS Build 18363.778);

I noticed lately that if I boot my laptop after a Shutdown on the previous day it just gets stuck on Manufacturer's Boot screen; In my case I have ASUS ZenBook and my device does not go any where else other than being in the Screen where it shows Manufacturer's Logo. To overcome this, I have to forcefully shutdown the device by holding on to the Power button and switching back it again. I have noticed on the 2nd try it boots, but I see a loading circle unlike in my first attempt before I was able to see the username and password screen.

This behavior was noticed after the following Windows Update got installed:

1. KB4552152
  2. KB4549951
  3. KB4537759 (I uninstall this then it worked fine, but after it installed again this started again)
  4. KB4541338
  5. KB4537572
  6. KB4497165

In the Event Viewer I noticed the following:

1. Event ID 6008\EventLog: The previous system shutdown at [date and time] was unexpected
  2. Event ID 41\Kernel Power: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down  first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed or lost power unexpectedly.
  3. Event ID 5719\NETLOGON: This computer was not able to set up a secure session with a domain controller in domain. 
  4. Event ID 7023\Service Control Manager: The MessagingService_9a182 service terminated with the following error: The device is not ready.
  5. Event ID 1129\GroupPolicy: The processing of Group Policy failed because of lack of network connectivity to a domain controller. This may be a transient condition. A success message would be generated once the machine gets connected to the domain controller and Group Policy has successfully processed. If you do not see a success message for several hours, then contact your administrator.

I have given the device a proper shutdown, but it always give this problem when I switched back.

Thank You,

|

I get this problem intermittently on my Dell XPS 8500 Special Edition. The only solution I've found is to just turn the computer off, wait 30 seconds, and then turn it on again.

I run all my PCs 24/7/52, so I rarely encounter boot issues.

Windows 10 Pro Slow Ring

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I get this problem intermittently on my Dell XPS 8500 Special Edition. The only solution I've found is to just turn the computer off, wait 30 seconds, and then turn it on again.

I run all my PCs 24/7/52, so I rarely encounter boot issues.

I too do the same thing, but such action can result in Hard disk and other hardware failures later. I am disappointed on how #Microsoft have seen this.

Varied sources from the internet points on the problem with KB4549951 and KB4537759 but none have given an exact characteristic of the problem which we have faced and neither can I point which is the culprit. Uninstalling these two updates satisfies only for few moment and the behavior returns back again.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 27, 2020 Views 205 Applies to: