Kmode_exception_not_handled (classpnp.sys) on windows 10

I have had my laptop for less than 2 months. Havent downloaded any new applications or drivers and have been using it mainly for work on Microsoft Office. 

3 days ago, my laptop very abruptly and out of no where crashed with a BSOD and displayed kmode_exception_not_handled (classpnp.sys). This has happened 5 times again since then.  

I have run a few diagnostic tests and a virus scan however neither have come back with anything. I have also performed a full system update for windows 10, but the issue does not seem to be resolved. 

|
Answer
Answer

Hi,

I usually suggest to start a new topic but the crash you are experiencing ( and GillouAtl in post above your post and perhaps the original poster) appears to be caused by the klbackupdisk.sys :

BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff80997503fb7, 0, 2c}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for klbackupdisk.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for klbackupdisk.sys
Probably caused by : partmgr.sys ( partmgr!PmGlobalDispatch+fe )

avp.exe is the process that crashed:

PROCESS_NAME:  avp.exe

The klbackupdisk.sys and avp.exe are components of Kaspersky so try uninstalling and then reinstalling Kaspersky using the latest version.

If the issue persists consider contacting Kaspersky.

That is same error as in the following topic so there does appear to be an issue presently with Kaspersky:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/bsod-classpnpsys/894f972d-59e4-4048-8f57-3deb414a5715

Thanks a lot, I am doing that right now, reinstallation and Kaspersky report.

Rgrds

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi,

I usually suggest to start a new topic but the crash you are experiencing ( and GillouAtl in post above your post and perhaps the original poster) appears to be caused by the klbackupdisk.sys :

BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff80997503fb7, 0, 2c}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for klbackupdisk.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for klbackupdisk.sys
Probably caused by : partmgr.sys ( partmgr!PmGlobalDispatch+fe )

avp.exe is the process that crashed:

PROCESS_NAME:  avp.exe

The klbackupdisk.sys and avp.exe are components of Kaspersky so try uninstalling and then reinstalling Kaspersky using the latest version.

If the issue persists consider contacting Kaspersky.

That is same error as in the following topic so there does appear to be an issue presently with Kaspersky:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/bsod-classpnpsys/894f972d-59e4-4048-8f57-3deb414a5715

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 19, 2021 Views 3,531 Applies to: