KB4022725 crashes Groove

After installing the latest updates (Tuesday, ,June 13) Groove would not work.   After several days and many hours, the process of elimination, determined that KB4022725 caused Groove not to work.  MS what is happening?   Is there a work around? There are 

no problems on my laptop or my wife's computer which is a custom build quite similar to mine!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Hello Charlie,

We'd like to get more information regarding this so we could further check and provide a more established workaround. Confirm the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far to resolve the issue.

Moreover, run the Windows app and store troubleshooter if you have not tried that yet. It is possible that the issue is due to system file corruption during the installation of the update. Did you restart right after it completed or delayed the restart?

We hope to get an update with the outcome so we could further check if the issue persists.

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have run the following:  SFC /scannow, App troubleshooter, and have deleted and reinstalled Groove several times.

Groove will come on and within 3 to5 seconds close.  I have no control of the program during that period of time.  Sometimes the program will appear entirely grayed out. After deleting KB4022725 and rebooting the computer Groove works correctly.

Important - I retested my wife's computer today and Groove crashers just like my computer.  (I could swear it worked last Thursday when I first discovered the problem.)  My Dell laptop seems to work correctly with KB4022725.

For completeness - both desktop computers have AsRock Z97 Extreme 6 motherboards with Samsung 950 pro m.2 as the C drives.  Both computers have Intel I7 CPU's - one  4770K and one 4790K.  Also both have two additional spinning hard drives.

Yes, I did restart the computer right after the updates finished downloading on both computers.

Hope this helps. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

In response to your inquiry. The problem still exists.  Again, the only way for Groove to work is to delete KB4022725 and reboot.  This works until KB4022725 installs again.  At this time Groove stops working again.   As stated above, Groove will appear on the screen for 3 to 5 seconds and close.   During this time I have no control over the program.  All other programs appear to work normally. Win 10 has worked perfectly since the original update install.  Also, all "random updates" and "second Tuesday" updates have worked perfectly until the June 13 update of KB4022725 - all other updates from June 13 work fine.   Very frustrating!! 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Jane LIa,

More research has shown the following: going to settings, then APPS and selecting Groove, the "move" and "uninstall" boxes ae grayed out.  Selecting "advanced" and doing a reset does not eliminate the problem.  

Have you had the chance to research the problem?  Waiting to hear from you.

-Charlie103  

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Jane Lla,

Today's update, July 11, did not resolve the Groove problem.

-Charlie103

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 6, 2018 Views 93 Applies to: