KB3201845 has caused major problems

Windows Update KB3201845 came up Friday, and the update ran on my Windows 10 computer. I checked while it ran, and all recent updates had been successful.

After the update, which downloaded and apparently installed, and the computer was restarted, it did not restart correctly at all. It has gone into a seemingly unending loop, with alternating BSOD screens of INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE and WDF VIOLATION. Before the update, my computer was working normally, with no problems.

I have tried repairing with a WIN10 USB boot drive, but to no avail. The System Restore option will not work. The Startup Repair tries to run, but fails, saying that it couldn't repair the PC.

Can someone please give me some suggestions on what to do. Thanks!

***Post moved by moderator to the appropriate category.***

Question Info

Last updated June 19, 2019 Views 2,448 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

588I downloaded Gandalf's Windows 10 x64 Boot PE ISO, and put it on a bootable USB drive.

I was able to boot with the USB drive, and see that my C: disk had not been erased. I was able to backup files from it to an external USB drive.

On the Gandalf's Boot PE was Lazesoft Recovery Suite. I used the boot drive repair utility to repair my C: drive, and it loaded up.

So as of now I am up and running. Hopefully it will stay that way.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.