How do i uninstall KB3163018? Blocking VPN!

How do I uninstall this KB31630187 update? It is blocking access to my VPN and I missed work yesterday before I figured out what the problem was. I have been surfing the web for hours and still cant find simple instructions of how to remove it form my pc. I have to go to work in a couple of hours and I need it gone now!

I am so sick of spending hours upon hours updating, installing, reinstalling, looking for drivers, looking for backwards compatible peripheral cords - you name it and I have to do it to try an get my Microsoft OS to work well. I have a life where I have to earn a living and manage an illness - I WOULD LOVE IT if I didn't have to spend overtime hours working on the brand new things I paid good hard earned dollars for JUST SO THEY WORK! It's too much and we consumers have no real choice because we need your products. But why pay for it, work for it, and still not be able to use it? And honestly any help beyond a discussion board is out of the question too. There ought to be a law that says you cant make an OS before you give the other manufacturers time to make the right drivers. AND there should be a law that if you make a product, you HAVE to make updated drivers for at least X amount of years because MICROSOFT will FORCE us to upgrade our systems and then our HARDWARE IS USELESS. Its a racket I tell you and I'm sick of it. I's much rather be able to spend my money on medicine - but nope, Microsoft and the other vendors need regular payments for things I have already bought and paid for so that they will make them work - and I need the pc to make money - so the medicine waits... Yes, it's THAT serious for a lot of consumers and YOU GUYS SHOULD FIX IT!

Hello,

You may follow the below steps to uninstall the installed updates.

1. Go to Start menu.
  2. Type View installed updates and select View installed updates.
  3. Select the update, click on Uninstall and follow the steps.
  4. Now check if this helps.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for your reply - I was able to get thatupdates Uninstaller but turns out the issue w a with that one and one or two more that were made available around the same time.

We get emails from our company tech department and these updates have **** everyone's VPN down. So since my whole department is out of work until they can figure a way around all the updates - we"really in UNPAID training until they figure it out.

So I guess she the updated DID help secure the VPN - from everyone.

Sorry this didn't help.

Are not able to connect to VPN at all or not able to reach to your corp resources after VPN connection?

Can you try out the following steps documented in the KB (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3165191) ?

NETBIOS communication outside of the local subnet is hardened. Therefore, by default, some features that depend on NETBIOS (such as SMB over NETBIOS) will not work outside the local subnet. To change this new default behavior, create the following registry entry:

SUBKEY: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NetBT\Parameters
Value Name: AllowNBToInternet
Type: Dword
Value: 1

A reboot is required after this change.

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 19, 2020 Views 2,098 Applies to: