GPU crashes, Failed with 0x57 retrieving AppModel Runtime status for package Windows.

Gidday all, I've been running into a issue with my GPU crashing and I have nailed it down to the error in event viewer " Failed with 0x57 retrieving AppModel Runtime status for package Windows. "

I have changed gpu drivers, completely uninstalled drivers, wiped my m.2 and reinstalled windows and nothing worked. Any ideas? Thank you

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I have this same issue and its really annoying, I have a new graphics card Rx 5700 XT and I also have a clean install of windows and with all corcect drivers installed

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the same issue. I reinstalled windows, twice, swapped GPUs, swapped RAM, swapped PSU.. this is 100% an issue with Windows 10 latest update. I believe it started with 19041.329. Super annoying, system hangs sometimes and the only way to fix is a hard restart.

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Windows 10, 2004, 

I can reproduce this issue over and over.

This is how I reproduce it :

Install Badlion (Minecraft launcher)

Open Badlion, leave on default settings (Minecraft 1.8.9, optifine = enabled) Click Launch.

Start a single player world.  Sometimes, loading the world will cause the 0x57 error to appear.  

How to reproduce everytime?  Once the single player world has loaded, open "Options", "Video settings",

Toggle "Graphics" from "Fancy" to "Fast" and then back to "Fancy".  Check event logs.

I have tested two different graphics cards, a Nvidia 2080ti and a Nvidia gt710, not overclocked and the error appears regardless of which graphics card is installed.  I also tested a few different drivers, including windows 10 stock 432.00 driver and the latest 451.48 driver, after using Display Driver Uninstaller, to no avail.

Watch this video (I apologize about the quality being 720p) - https://streamable.com/zu47a3

I have ran the usual sfc /scannow, Dism and chkdsk, no errors found.

Pc specs :

Ryzen 3700x

Motherboard : B450 Mortar max

Ram : Crucial Ballistix sport, passes memtest86 overnight

Hard drive : Crucial M4

Operating System : Windows 10, build 19041.329

Graphics : Tested two cards, 2080ti and gt710 (error appears regardless of card installed)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

446.14 is the only driver i can run.   any other and blue screen.  even then after a period of time it will crash and hard reboot is needed.

all leading to event 65  0x57

my crashes started 6/3  right after i updated to the 2004 update.  i went away so i couldnt revert.

chased the system (all drivers)   then i chased the OS  (bits, vc dist, windows app corruption etc)   nothing. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I get the same exact issue with an RTX 2070 Super and Intel i7-8086K CPU, also on Windows 10 Pro 2004 19041.330.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This may or may not be related, but I'm mentioning it as It as been around since those errors have appeared in event viewer.

Whilst web browsing the web if I leave the mouse untouched for a few seconds, then scroll, theres a huge stutter.  It doesn't always happen, but most of the time it does.  This stutter is very apparent in Firefox, which uses Smooth scrolling, as scrolling webpages is silky smooth in general and any signs of stuttering will be obvious. 

I opened Msi Afterburner to monitor the gpu usage, and my GPU spikes to low level 3d clocks when i leave the mouse untouched for a few seconds whilst browsing the web, then scroll, that spike correlates to the stuttering.   I tested two different graphics cards, a 2080ti and a GT710, it happens regardless of which card is installed and I have installed many graphic card drivers, after using DDU.  Its not Windows power plan causing the stutter as I have switched between all of them.  The Cpu and Ram have both passed multiple stress tests and show no signs of instability.  I am not overclocking the cpu or gpu. 

I have tested 144hz, 120hz and 60hz using two different graphic cards, testing using both displayport and hdmi ports, to no avail.

I found that Client Server Runtime Process is spiking my Gpu usage when it happens.

I always make sure before im troubleshooting stuttering that no 3rd party apps are running in the background, cpu and gpu and harddrive usage is very low. 

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This may or may not be related, but I'm mentioning it as It as been around since those errors have appeared in event viewer.

Whilst web browsing the web if I leave the mouse untouched for a few seconds, then scroll, theres a huge stutter.  It doesn't always happen, but most of the time it does.  This stutter is very apparent in Firefox, which uses Smooth scrolling, as scrolling webpages is silky smooth in general and any signs of stuttering will be obvious. 

I opened Msi Afterburner to monitor the gpu usage, and my GPU spikes to low level 3d clocks when i leave the mouse untouched for a few seconds whilst browsing the web, then scroll, that spike correlates to the stuttering.   I tested two different graphics cards, a 2080ti and a GT710, it happens regardless of which card is installed and I have installed many graphic card drivers, after using DDU.  Its not Windows power plan causing the stutter as I have switched between all of them.  The Cpu and Ram have both passed multiple stress tests and show no signs of instability.  I am not overclocking the cpu or gpu. 

I have tested 144hz, 120hz and 60hz using two different graphic cards, testing using both displayport and hdmi ports, to no avail.

I found that Client Server Runtime Process is spiking my Gpu usage when it happens.

I always make sure before im troubleshooting stuttering that no 3rd party apps are running in the background, cpu and gpu and harddrive usage is very low. 

So after a bit more research i found out that the error occurs for me every time i alt tab from game to desktop also when it happens i get a stutter too  

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Having the same error popping up all the time. I also get small hiccups time to time, when I am gaming.

Al tabing seems to cause this error as well.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Have the same problem, it crashes my games Rainbow Six and CoD. Also have hiccups sometimes even if I'm just on chrome. 

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 15, 2021 Views 22,174 Applies to: